DJ404's 80G Build Thread

Have looked at all 8 pages and you have done marvellous, the set up looks great overall you gave done good

algy1943

Thank you very much, I am still learning but hope to have a beautiful SPS dominated tank eventually. I will be updating every step. :)

Received 55lbs of reef saver rock from BRS. Great Stuff!!!

DSC_0375_319.jpg

cool rock that's exactly what I plan on using when I do an upgrade is the live rock out of my 20 and the rest the reef saver rock! It looks like really good rock to scape with!

What actualy is reef saver rock?

It is base rock that is pure calcium carbonate. Basically it is mined from old coral skeletons. This stuff is extremely porous and will save you a lot of cash instead of buying all live rock. I paid about 2.50 a lb for this plus free shipping.

The first one looks like a birdsnest that is not doing so well. :( But then again I'm far from an expert.

I dont think its a birdsnest, its supposed to be primarily green and white I believe, the store owner said if it didnt make it he would give me some other frags.

It is base rock that is pure calcium carbonate. Basically it is mined from old coral skeletons. This stuff is extremely porous and will save you a lot of cash instead of buying all live rock. I paid about 2.50 a lb for this plus free shipping.

If anyone will know what the strange coral is it's Bifferwine

IF you have a strong enough skimmer and the tank is not a nano! A cucumber could cause a tank to crash if it died if the skimmer is a cheapo that can't skim out the toxins.

Back