Doc's Reef Build

Re: Dr Marco's Reef Build

oh no! biff has put the voodoo algae hex on you're tank. I can just see her at her house with a little fish bowl with you're name written on it, chanting and sprinkling algae in it!

tank looks awesome for now!

oh no! biff has put the voodoo algae hex on you're tank. I can just see her at her house with a little fish bowl with you're name written on it, chanting and sprinkling algae in it!

tank looks awesome for now!

I think shes hit several of us with that voodoo curse of hers.

I have to tell you a story about that hammer. I went to the LFS to get a coral and there was a guy trying to trade the hammer in. He was asking $25 bucks for it and the LFS guy was being a douche and wouldn't give it to him. He was going to give him $15 for it and then turn around and sell it for $100. I told the guy that I would give him $30 on the spot and he told the LFS to kiss off and he sold it to me. It was big then and has only gotten bigger. I have never seen a wall-hammer as big as this one. It gets about the size of a cantelope when fully extended. No fish has ever tasted it, not even the angels. It is my prize. Glad you liked it.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

OK I'm going to ask because I want to know. Which one is the hammer? Also what are them stick looking things?

PA190005.jpg

This is the hammer i dont know what you are refering to as sticks , sorry

that is a dead gorgonia. I have it there for character. Alive, they are about the same color, but have tiny tan polyps on them that make them look "fuzzy". They are cousins of the sea-fan. I actually have three hammers in my tank. the wall-hammer, which lionfish showed you, and the two green and pink branch hammers.

I got a few new pics. I decided to add another emerald crab and a sifting star. I also got my FIRST SPS coral, too bad I have no idea what it is and where to put it. I found a sweet frag of zoas as well. I have a few pics but they are not the best, I will post more when they open up.

PA270001.jpg

PA270002.jpg

PA270003.jpg

Any idea what this is? montipora?

PA270016.jpg

Also added a bubble a few days back

PA270013.jpg

Nice additions Doc except the star.Splendid(wt...?)looking bubble there.

Its a monti cap Doc,mine grew very fast under those lights.

the bubble is about the size of your fist. I hope the SPS makes it. I am nervous about the lighting being enough. Reef, you reported that you had success with the same kind of T-5 lighting. I have individual reflectors and I am guessing that it will be OK.

Actually monti caps do fine even under moderate lighting.You have more than enough light.I had a 1.5'' piece 6 months ago and now its 6'' and splitting into different layers now.It should grow well for you.

I am excited to have success with SPS corals as well as LPS and softies

Back