Doc's Reef Build

Meh, I'd say it's mediocre, bordering on adequate. Maybe, just maybe, in a few years, it'll be average. But not yet. ;)

(sniff), really? I am not adequate? I have been trying so hard to be good enough..... (sniff).... for...... you and Dom.... and I have failed!!!!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's it, I am gonna flush this damn coral then....:death::death:

;-)

Sorry, worked with a borderline today, kind of lost it for a minute

-Doc

It's getting real close though....working with borderline's could make one borderline...at least for a moment or two...

As humble as my build thread is at a mere 100 pages, I could never hold a candle to the queen of build threads at some ridiculous amount of like 170 pages or something...ahem....Biff?

-Doc

WTF. OK, between this new problem and my angelfish all dying, I am starting to get really pissed off...... (read my Shark tank posting for the latest stupidity)

SO I have this metallic green brain. Great coral, beautiful, blah, blah, blah.... and I have this common fucking yellow fucking tang, who I noticed is picking it TO DEATH!!! I yanked the coral out of the tank and put it in the sump of the shark tank for now and it should be OK for a week or so with no light.

I have been trying to fish out the tang from my tank for the last 5 days..... no luck. I have been feeding my fish in the net, trying to draw out the little bastard, but he is the only fish not swimming into the net to feed. Even the blue hippo tang runs in to eat and the yellow fucker just hides and eats what is the left over... ideas?!?!?!?!?!

-Doc

Barbeque fork and harpoon the bastard...then feed it to squishy while its still flopping around. That is the nicest brain I have seen in quite a while.

Yeah I got an idea.... Remember when you had to remove the keyhole what you did???? UGH!

Yeah. I had to tear down the entire tank to get the little bastard and then the shark ate him. I have had too much SPS growth to risk breaking down the tank. I need someone smarter than me (which rules out all but about 4 of you) to devise a way to catch this asshole-fish. Harpoon? not a bad idea, but I am not sure if I can stab fast enough without hitting another fish. He never swims alone and hides when I get near. GRRRRR

-Doc

Call Yote and tellhim to send you a frog gig. They are very sharp harpoons used from frog spearing(do they do that in Utah or Michigan?) cut two of the tines off and use that. Wont take much to whack him.

Have you tried the quick lights on shock method?

Yeah. He hides all the time, especially at night. He is a crafty little fucker. I may look at a local sportsmans shop for a spear of some sort. I guess I can try to harpoon him. I just don't watch to gut a useful fish

-Doc

I just remembered the wrath of Doc can be vengeful and figured you would give him the sidewalk slam, dont kill it if not necessary or theraputic.

Yeah ryan my vlamingi swims laps around your kole... Day and night. He's nuts

Doc, that sounds bad. I can only imagine the thread title "so I shattered my tank with a harpoon..... FU#K"

doc i have had the same problem with trying to catch fish, it always seems like the one your after knows your after him and doesnt go near you but all other fish dont give a shit that there is a net in the water

doc i have had the same problem with trying to catch fish, it always seems like the one your after knows your after him and doesnt go near you but all other fish dont give a shit that there is a net in the water

I think that's exactly what it is . They might not be the smartest animals on earth, but they can still figure things out . I'm pretty sure the rest know exactly that they arent being targeted. Some are just too clumsy and get caught anyways hahaha.

I was going to try to catch him in a humane way and throw him in the shark tank to get Ich and die. :Cheers:

But, since he is not playing nice with the humane net.... I will try to harpoon him and sidewalk slam his grungy-ass. Very Therapeutic!

Alexander, if I busted my tank, I would not post it, other than to say I quit the hobby! LOL

-Doc

Back