Doc's Reef Build

Its pretty hard to sidewalk slam a full tank if you shatter it Doc. Send me some sweet corals if it happens :x:

I would prob cry for you..

We will call this post

DOC: THE GREAT DARK HUNTER

So last night, there I was. Lights were out in the tank, Cutco BBQ fork in hand. The moonlights in the tank glistened off the stainless steel shimmer of the full-tang fork (not the fish "tang", those uneducated knife and cutco people out there).

I dressed in all black, with war paint on (ok it was chapstick, it is dry here in the winter and I put some on before bed). I slowly crept up toward the tank, slinking toward the hiding place where the evil yellow tang hides out. I knew I had to surprise him or he would disappear into the night.

I peeked around holes and rockwork before spotting a yellow spot. Was it the Regal Blue Tang's tail or the body of the yellow bastard? I couldn't tell. I quickly noticed an eye....it was the yellow tang.... It had to be. I slowly reach into the tank with my "death-fork"... my eyes wide open, mouth in a snarl and hand stone steady. I poise for attack. Adrenaline pumping through my powerful forearms and shoulders (Biff, you should see my back and arms....mmmmmmm steroids!!!).....I lunge!!!

I feel the fork pierce something with an almost audible "POP" The tank becomes alive with sand flying around the spot where I hit. Then.... silence. unknown what happened. Did I just injure him? did I miss? I couldn't have missed, no possible way.... but was it really him? hmmmmm

-Doc

Nice post Doc, you should seriously write a novel. Good work no sit back and reap the benefits. Cutco is a great choice too, thanks for supporting my local economy! The plant is about 14 miles away.

I struggled to sleep. My body was still poised and powerful. I checked the fish tank three times before finally giving in to Tylenol PM. Nothing. No sign. the water was cool and calm. there was nothing to see but the sparkle and shimmer of the light along the rockwork. Coral tentacles swaying in the current. Shrimp actively seeking morsels of food, and occasionally, the bi-fin cardinal fish would swim up to me and look into me, sending me a deep, silent message.... "Go to bed, dumbass"..... it was powerful....

I woke up to the noise of the garbage man, dumping the garbage into the truck, glad I hauled my can to the street. I fixed my kids breakfast, as normal, eggs and toast - hot food for a cold morning!

I heard the lights flicker on after a while... I remembered by hunt from last night. Would their be evidence? did I succeed in my attempt to return balance to my tank? Would anyone really care enough to read such a random post on my thread??? Are people really that bored at work to follow this???? YES was the resounding answer and I rushed over to the tank and this.... was my find

PC050001-1.jpg

The hunt was a success. I will do a water change this morning and return my prize coral to his throne!!!!

-Doc

It is to bad your laziness killed that fish.

eh, laziness, bad judgment, alcohol, whatever, he is dead. I feel no remorse. It was a fish I didn't like and after all the fish I have killed on accident, and the few I killed on purpose) I think I can sleep OK. God will make more ;-)

-Doc

That story was awesome you should write for a living. Gotta tell you though ive been saying for a month that I hate my yellow tang and wish I could figure a way to get him out of the tank. I guess now I know how.

That story was awesome you should write for a living. Gotta tell you though ive been saying for a month that I hate my yellow tang and wish I could figure a way to get him out of the tank. I guess now I know how.

The "stalk and stab method" works for me!!!

-Doc

i think the best part of your novel was the "war paint" part, gave me a good laugh. good hunt too, but i think squishy will be mad at you since he didnt get to eat it

I hope he is. I live to please that man! ;-)

-Doc

WHAT!!!! NO DAMN VIDEO:grumble:
And whats with the kill pic?You cant even see the stab marks.:shock:
Great story though:D

But next time,just break out your flyrod and your favorite wet fly:D It a lot more rewarding to see their jaw rip open when you set the hook.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Back