Doc's Shark Tank

finally, a short feeding video. I tried to get it all in but he just went crazy. I will post a better one in a few weeks when I get him trained to eat out of my hand.

I am just so excited!

-Doc

that is sweet wait until he gets big and takes your hand off when you are cleaning the tank. you got a hell of a deal on him and good luck with him

he is gonna knock over things like crazy.

you would be surprised how graceful he is when he is hunting for food. He tests the strength of his surrounding with his nose prior to moving over them. He did knock off the LPS that I have on the top, so I replaced it in a better, more stable spot. He is a monster compared to my other fish, but just so graceful to watch. It is really cool to check him out at night, his eyes get SO HUGE when normally they have just a small open slit in them, like a cat during the day. Pretty awesome.

-Doc

that is sweet wait until he gets big and takes your hand off when you are cleaning the tank. you got a hell of a deal on him and good luck with him

The grey banded gets about 30 inches long and luckily are not too aggressive. Their teeth are small plates almost like bone that are used to crush the shells of critters. He swallows his food whole and does not rip and tear like sharks with individual teeth. He is pretty gentle. I have been "nipped" before with my other one and there is no pain. I suppose if I stuck my pinkie inside his mouth, he might be able to suck and grind off all the flesh, but I don't feed him like that...LOL

-Doc

i wish the wife would let me get one but i guess i can live through you doc. that shark is the coolest fish ever.

I am super stoked!!! When he is full grown, he will be about the width of the palm of your hand, placed flat. not too bad. :mrgreen:

He should be full grown in another year or so. He will be just fine in my current tank until I can get his permanent home in the fall. I will post pics from time to time and for sure when I have him eating by hand :^:

-Doc

Wow, awesome fish! I'm jealous... And that's saying a lot since I'm not really "into" that kinda fish. You know, big predators.

Sorry to hear about the sohal though. That sucks.

wow doc!!!!!!! WOW thats so awesome. excellent feeding acton too. i cant wait to see more. that sucks about the sohal though. what happened with him. i thought that was the ruler of your tank?

hatching an egg would be really fun. one day when I have a larger tank I may do that. I'm waiting for a larget tank so I can have a massive f/o tank and a 180 reef

yikes. that would be terrible to end up with a reef shark and then try to find someone to take it off your hands. I guess you would be begging an aquarium to take a donation. :eek:

I Dont know what happened to the sohal. When I moved out my fish into buckets, he was gone. I checked for carpet surfing, but nothing. Weird. I guess he just died and the clean up crew did their job!!!

Back