elPescador24's nano-cube 6

elpescador24

Reefing newb
Thanks to my friends, Sergil, JR, and J-bo and the non-stop talk about their tanks.......yup I got one!! I've had it for two months, and I am looking forward to getting another larger AIO w/ HQI OR LED lights by the end of the month.

Weekly water changes (2 gallons)
Change filter pads every 3 days.
Pellet food twice a day, and mysis once a week.
Reef Plus - Concentrated vitamin and amino acid supplement

TANK & EQUIPMENT:
Nano-cube 6
Koralia Nano
JBJ Digi-Temp
Oceanic Mini Hydrometer
Chemi-pure Elite
Seachem Purigen
Poly filter fiber
Tetra Deluxe Laborett test kit
Cycle Biological Water Conditioner
Reef Plus - Concentrated vitamin and amino acid supplement

10lbs. CaribSea’s Arag-Alive sand
6lbs Live rock
2x 8 oz. bag of REEF PODS

FISH:
2 Ocellaris Clownfish (tank raised)
1 Yellow Watchman Goby

INVERTEBRATES & SNAILS:
4x Mini Brittle Starfish
2x Super Tongan Nassarius Snail
1x Astraea Snail
and more snails to come and maybe a pepperment shrimp

CORALS:
Green Zoas
Bright pink Zoas
Light pink Zoas
Orange Zoas
Light orange Zoas
Pink w/green center Zoas
Green w/ orange center Zoas
Purple with green star Zoas

Green button polyps
Yellow polyps

Purple mushrooms
Green mushrooms
Green and white mushrooms
Orange Ricordea rock with 5 mushrooms on it

Frogspawn-Branch -- Euphyllia paradivisa
Acan
Trumpet coral
Candy cane

Sounds likes a lot but all of these are small frags from the LFS.

a1.jpg

a3.jpg

a10.jpg

a12.jpg

a13.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

CIMG0330.jpg

CIMG2103.jpg

CIMG2075.jpg

CIMG2077.jpg

CIMG2090.jpg

CIMG2091.jpg

CIMG2084.jpg

CIMG2071.jpg

Amazing job w/ your first tank! Now that I got you in the hobby we never get any work done and talk about corals all day. Lol

Also, welcome to the site... finally!

Niceee! Ask these guys (and gals) the questions you were asking me at work bout that Scooter Blenny bet you will find some good advice. :mrgreen:

amazing looking tank! especially for your first. Cant wait till you get to do the same with a bigger tank, your going to be good at this ;)

THANKS!!!

I went to the LFS to pick up some new coral and what I thought was a Lawnmower Blenny. Turns out it is a Scooter Dragonet. I did some research online, and it seems they are hard to keep. Does anyone have any experience with these? I called my LFS and was told not to worry because they are not as hard as they say.

They are considered difficult because a lot of them will only eat live food, so they starve to death in our tanks. Have you tried feeding it? Have you seen it eating? If so, it is not a difficult fish to keep. As long as you can get it eating!

Scooters will usually take to frozen foods pretty quick,unlike mandrines.Sometimes I think their labeled difficult because they are dragonets.
But I have yet to see one come through the LFS that wont eat frozen foods.

well.... i had my first coral on coral crime in my tank this weekend, and it was not pretty!! During the night my Nassarius snails moved my trumpet coral too close to my acans and they went to town!! lesson learned nothing around acans..... on a good note my scooter is doing great eating very well, and is very active.

Back