Eshopps PF-300 Plumbing

mabbus

Reefing newb
Hi all,

My Eshopps PF-300 arrived today and I unboxed it ready to install. The first thing I noticed is that the diameter of the PVC tube that holds the foam filter, is 33mm, and the diameter of the bulkhead hole is 35mm. Now I'm not sure if this is correct, but a snug fit I certainly don't get.

It maybe that's it's meant to be that way, but when I read other posts on various forums about this model, everybody seems to say a 1" PVC pipe will be a snug fit? Again not on this one, seeing as and inch is 25mm.

Has anybody else come across this, if so how should I best go about connecting a PVC pipe, assuming pipe sizes come at 33mm, I need to plug a 2mm gap.

Sorry for the dumb question, I'm new to plumbing, so have no idea of standard sizes.

Also the section of PVC pipe that comes with the system, has a small clear pipe glued to the inside, any idea what that's for.

Thanks for any help
Peter

I have the same eshopp. If I recall correctly, on the bottom I just connected a 1" pipe and matching union to it, and mated that to a flex hose.

As for the smaller pipe that goes inside the overflow, I think it just sits in there, allowing you to remove the foam filter whenever needed. I tried pvc/primer glue but it wouldn't hold because of the gap, so mine is just sitting there, and I didn't put the foam filter in either. Figured it would get clogged and didn't want to deal with it. It sets the level of the overflow as well.

Otherwise, a normal, 1" pvc pipe should fit on the *outside* just fine. The tube they included for the inside is weird, and I think it's a different standard, meant to be removed at will.

Thanks for the reply Kevin, sorry for the delay.

You are right, I took the bulkhead to a DIY store and the 1" pipe fitted fine. I was assuming that the pipe that came with it was 1" and couldn't figure how it was going to work.

All plumbed in now, so just wating on the water :)

Thanks again

Back