Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

Re: Im Back!! & Im Officially Building My Dream Tank

How much is it per Ecoray 60 unit? From what I have learned, LED lighting is new technology when it comes to the Aquarist hobby.

I also like the fact that LED's last longer and generate less heat. That means that there would be less evaporation from the surface and less water top offs!

I've also heard it uses less energy. So that basically means that it would cut utility costs on electricity?

..........THOSE LIGHTS ARE AWESOME!!!

Thanks!

They were $375 each. A bit pricey, but totally worth it. You are right, they last for like 10 years, use way less energy, and are not hot at all...I can touch them even after they've been running all day. And they are WAY brighter than MHs!!

thanks! winnie for that post, awesome lights. i gave the down payment for my tank. now its just the waiting game. its being custom built by advancedquariumtanks biggest makers of acrylic tanks i think. i will go with 2 lights i am getting them for $320 a piece after negotiating for hours! :(
i have other stuff to do also, i have to rip out the carpet in my room and put new hardwood floors in before i even begin to build the tank :(

Last edited:

No problemo!! Looks like you got a better deal than I did :D Congrats!!! I hope you love them as much as I do!!:^: Can't wait to see your system up and running!

Does anyone know anything about the Magnus protein skimmers? Are they quiet, I kinda want an octopus reef skimmers but my swf guy keeps telling me about the magnus

Bubble Magus? Supposed to be damn good skimmers. (Pricey too!)

I'm going to replace my vertex with a NAC6, since it has much smaller footprint.

yea the magus** i took a look at one and the bubble king skimmer... the prices for the bubble king r insane

i seen the nac 6a, it covers up to 150 gallons. do they have different types that can cover up to 150 gallon, like a high-end model and low-end? or is it just nac 4a,5a,6a?
i found more, nvm.
also what is the difference between a bubble magus 6 and a 6a. i tried looking but no luck?

Last edited:

ok here is my lighting of choice i went along with 2 ecoray 60D led lighting systems, dual cord so actinic and white light have their own power supplies. each fixture will have a timer, 1 for the actinic and one for the white light,= to a total 2 timers each timer has dual outlet connections.. d2 ima need your help with the hanging of the lights an what u used please:D. sheesh im so happy my tank is finally here :^::^::^:, ok ill continue on.:mrgreen:

Ecoray60D.jpg

for my skimmer i went along with a bubble magus 7 cone design. it does 135-180 gallons my tank measures exactly 130 gallons. 100gallon tank 30 gallon sump/fuge. i went a lil bigger because the magus 6-6a didnt have a cone design an my petstore gave me alot of love on pricing. also i keep hearing good things about the cone. plus i plan on having a heavily stocked tank. here is a pic.

BubbleMagus7.jpg

ok here is my lighting of choice i went along with 2 ecoray 60D led lighting systems, dual cord so actinic and white light have their own power supplies. each fixture will have a timer, 1 for the actinic and one for the white light,= to a total 2 timers each timer has dual outlet connections.. d2 ima need your help with the hanging of the lights an what u used please:D. sheesh im so happy my tank is finally here :^::^::^:, ok ill continue on.:mrgreen:

Those look awesome. :D
I used the hanging kit from Sunlight Supply.
Wire Suspension Hanging Kit Two Points by Sunlight Supply - AquaCave

thanks, d2. im still waiting for other pics to upload. im going to post pics of the sump/fuge.

the sump/fuge is custom i requested something that is just fully loaded. i dont know much about skimmers or sumps/fuges. well i dont know anything at all to be honest lol. here are a ton of pics also it is built so a light can sit on the darkside of the sump/fuge. ull see it.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

i still have to pull up the carpet an put down my hardwood floors :(. ima b busy this weekend.

i have the tank now, its currently in the garage on a flat surface i dont want to unwrap it an take it all apart just yet, im waiting on my stand... another week :(((.. my uncle is building it, he is a cabinet maker. knowing him another 2 weeks. tomorrow i start painting the room. blah so exhausting doing this build an re-doing my room in the process.
my god the tank is so heavy, roughly like 200 pounds.

Well since im doing a tank build, i will include everything involved with this build. i am ripped out my carpet and im going to repaint the walls. i am installing hardwood floors and recessed lighting, i did 2 lights already 2 more to go. i am removing my ceiling fan. here a few pics for everyone. sorry this tank build is dragging on but i need to fix this room up.

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Back