Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

Re: Im Back!! & Im Officially Building My Dream Tank

thanks biff, i will be keeping the same colors, add just a bit of shine to it. im not using flat anymore im going up one stage in the shine levels which will be eggshell. the flooring will be engineered stressed wood. gives it that natural wavey look not so flat. i will install the floors using the floating method. the floating method is easy to install, only thing u do is put down a underlayment which is mold an mildew protective and also keeps moisture from coming up or going down and its also sound proof and offers leveling and cushioning so the floor wont be so loud when walking on. then u put the hardwood on top but instead of gluing to the floor itself u glue the pieces to itself. so it creates one big piece. i kinda lost myself but yea something like that.

gonna be a great build with some great equipment, cant wait to see it come along!

d2 if u read this in time i wanted to say i like ur tank stand style, i will like to copy it.......:D

tomorrow i finally start on the floor installation i think.
also i will pick up the paint, + my uncle is coming by to measure up for the tank stand.
so hopefully the room will be complete by sunday an i can start putting the tank together.

d2 if u read this in time i wanted to say i like ur tank stand style, i will like to copy it.......:D

haha, okay. Thanks for the heads up. I will get my copyright lawyers started on the paperwork. :lol:

I like how it's simple yet nice looking. Does anyone know about ro/di systems I want to get the water saver systems, with 3 ro membranes so my water can be 1:1 instead of the usual 3:1 loss or 4:1.

here r some pics of the floor getting put inplace. i decided to glue them down instead of floating.
the first two rows r glued down those r my guide rows they determine how straight your floor will end up. the other wood there isnt glued its just for looks :D

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

That looks nice! Christian and I did a glue-down real hardwood floor (oak) in our office. It was much easier than I expected! ...but much messier too... :lol:

sorry everyone i made this thread into a home improvement project.
the floors are done, tomorrow i start painting.....
so that means the tank will be put in place an we can begin our tank BUILD! finally sheesh. heres a quick snap of the floor.

IMG_0533.jpg

Thanks Erin, I had to go dark since I liked the wall color I had already I didn't want everything light. I was thinking about bamboo but I couldn't find it In 5" pieces only like 3". I repainted the room 1 shade lighter. I'm sorry again everyone for the new yankee workshop I have created, but I felt a tank of this kind deserved a redone room and Not a junky room like I had.

Jmck thanks :D, I really wish I can just strt the tank build I'm tired of wring on the room itself. :( I will try my hardest to have it all done by sunday

jesus finally almost done tomorrow ill put my tank in my room so u guys can take a look at it, heres a pic of my desk in place. its not much but u can get some idea of how my room looks.

IMG_0536.jpg

the walls are actually darker i had a million work lights on so they look really light, they are a light tan... in the pic they look almost white

Back