Fishsticks Custom 130Gallon Rimless, LED Build

i made that molding, i glued 2 pieces i thought would look good together... an they did :D tanks d2 im really glad u noticed

i have some eye candy for everyone tonight, ima post a few pics of my tank its still in its wrap.
i finally moved it into my room, my uncle flaked on me with the stand... hes no longer invited to the fam get togethers

Last edited:
IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

100 gallons exactly :D it has a center trapazoid overflow, with 1 hole on each side of the trapazoid nothing in the center. true rimless tank diamond edged glass

I thought this was a thread for a 130g?!?! :shock:

I feel ROBBED! Thread FAIL! :frustrat:

Biff, please close this abomination! :grumble:

:grumble: it is 130, just 100 display 30gallon sump/fuge..

i made a newbie mistake? u only count the display???

Well, that's all I count. It's ok though. I guess I'll let you use the newb card this once. :lol:

Biff! Don't close this thread! Yet. :mrgreen:

lol :P. well the build will take a lil longer i had to buy a tv i walked into the place to browse an see whats new i walked out broke.

i found this guy online hes not too far from where i live, what do u guys think of work. i emailed him an told him i love his work, will 2x6s be included in a stand he said he usually only builds stand with 2x4. can someone help me :( wondering what i should do? im like nervous over this stand thing i dont want it coming down on me. here is his website.. his link down below says "Home"

Home

my tank is roughly 150+ pounds with water over 800pounds and with liverock maybe close to 1/2 ton. what do u guys think?? his rimless tank stands do not look sturdy at all

I dont see any stands in that link. I don't see anything but a home page in that link.
Me neither ...

As for your question though, I don't think you'll have any problems setting your tank up on a stand made with 2x4's. Some 90 gallon tank stands are made of nothing more then cheap fiber board and they hold up just fine. IMO a stand made of 2x4's will be able to hold up much better then those.

Back