Grassman's 55 Gallon Reef

Goodluck with it. I paid 40 for mine too...still trying to get it back to life since my pep ate them and my acans....blasto's are def one of my fav corals....one of these days im going to get my hands on some rainbow blasto's...

I'll keep my eyes open for one. My aunt & uncle in law are coming up in June. If I find one when they head back home I'll see if they can take it with them and send it to you.

That halloween urchain looks awsome too! Glad your back in the hobby. Alot of weaker ppl would have folded their cards and called it quits.

I just bought him for oct. potm. LOL! Kim thought her was nice looking. Cost me $60. I hope she desides she want to move to the states soon. Maybe her aunt & uncle can talk her into when they are up this summer.

I just about was that weaker person. If Kim hadn't told me to go buy a new tank I would have been done.

I took my algae scrubber apart tonight. (Rocks stayed in place while I took the hacksaw to the pipe. I thought the whole stand might come over.) I think the slot I cut for the screen to fit into was too small since there was a lot of dead spots of flow down the screen. The screen now fits really loose in there so here's to hoping I did the right thing. I guess we'll find out tomorrow night when I turn the valve back on.

I turned the water on to the scrubber only to find out my cement is a little too pasty and all my joints leak. Water still squirted out the sides so I'm going to re-build it yet again but this time I'm going to make it so the extra water feeds back into the sump.

Everything is looking good in the tank exceot my blastos have died. I found 2 more spawns of waving hands at either end of the tank. I think they were pieces of my frag I didn't scoop out and glue to a piece of rubble. I need to get my new lights built and hung. The rest of my corals might take off. My anemone has fastened it's self under a the rock in a space I can't get at without moving it all so I guess it's going to stay.

New additions I picked up today.

Frogspawn;

036-Frogspawn.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp;

037-CleanerShrimp.jpg

Nice! Cleaner shrimp are awesome. If you get an active one, they are so fun to watch. But sometimes, they stay hidden all day (like mine :grumble:).

Nice! Cleaner shrimp are awesome. If you get an active one, they are so fun to watch. But sometimes, they stay hidden all day (like mine :grumble:).

When I let him free he landed on a rock and just sat there, then my blenny & hawkfish came over to check him out and it vanished up into a rock and I haven't seen it since. :grumble:

I picked up a new powerhead today. My 850GPH was too much for my mushrooms & rics. This one is a 600 GPH. Much better. I did have to move 1 mushroom.

Here's the frogspawn open nicely.

038-Frogspawn.jpg

It's active until I stand infront of the tank. It runs and hides unless I stand still then it comes out again.

I picked up some new corals today. $10 a frag.

Neon Green Candy Cane
045-CandyCane.jpg

Favia
046-Favia.jpg

Ausie Acan
047-AussieAcan.jpg

Lava Flow Chalice
048-LavaFlowChalice.jpg

Superman Mushrooms
049-SupermanMushrooms.jpg

Looks amazing! You've got some great colors in there. Your urchins are awesome too! ;)

Thanks Biff. I was going to stay with Zoas, Rics, and Mushrooms but was told to go for something different. Good thing they didn't take debit or I'd be looking for a new place for my tank & I to live. Lots of nice corals of all kinds for $10 a frag.

For something like that, you have to pay $60 upwards at my LFS. Sucks

You can order from him, but he hasn't been all that great shipping frags. Have a look at canreef.com and check out frag-a-lot.ca. His rep is good for local pickups, but not so good shipping them.

Back