Grassman's 55 Gallon Reef

A dentros (sp?) sun coral, there are a few other coral types that are also called sun corals but the dentros look the best IMO. They arent photosynethic so you need to make sure each head gets food every few days

Well, I might as well dig my grave now. I just sent a confirming text that I'll purchase this:

120 gal Aquarium and Stand - Guelph Pet Classifieds - Kijiji Guelph Canada.

120 gal aquarium (48"wide x 24"deep x 24" high) on metal stand drilled for bottom drain c/w corner overflow. This unit was used as a marine aquarium for the past 8 years without any problems... it has never had a leak at all. The stand needs some TLC (paint) but is solid - I can deliver if within a reasonable distance. Asking $120 or best offer.

5690ge4_20.jpg
245712e_20.jpg
9289g0a_20.jpg

I get it Saturday.

It's been nice knowing you all!!!

get it and clean it up.. i expect pictures!!

It's going to be awhile before this one gets wet. I don't want to make the same mistakes as I did by going way to fast like my current tank. Nothing from my old tank will be going into this one except the live stock. The LR I have now has so much phosphate in it, I have 3 150 reactors running phosban in them and I still have lots of algae. Who know how much tap water they soaked up from the previous owners.

I'll post pics when I get the tank on Saturday.

To sell this tank or not to sell it....that is the question. If I keep it should I change it over to a predator tank? Puffers and Triggers?

There are some really neat puffer that would do well in a 55, check out this guy:
Papuan Toby Puffer
or this guy:
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Saddle Valentini Puffer

I did a search on them and found 6 that could go in there.

Saddle, Papuan, Saddle Valentini, Spotted, Benett's Sharpnose, and Leopard.

There's 5 eels;

fire Coral, Garden, Jeweled Moray, snowflake, and Wolf.

Also 4 Lionfish;

Fuzzy Dwarf, Dwarf/Zebra, Antennata, and Mombasa. <- Let's see which one of my kids is playing in my tank when I'm not home with one of these puppies in there.

Back