Hitchhiker blob maybe coral

CuzALongNeck

Reefing newb
The lady at the shop were I got this said it was a type of coral but she did not know what kind. It can flatten out then re-blob to move itself. If it gets scared it shoots out white stuff from a small hole in its side. At night it stands much thinner and taller. It likes to be hand fed hunks of krill. It will take it with its little flap/lip thingy and hold it until its mouth is open big enough to eat it.I need to know if it is okay to have in my tank. Sorry I did not realize this forum was here and had posted on the coral forum.... I am new to all of this including forums.

Attachments

• Coral thing.jpg
    Coral thing.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 391
  • coral thing2.jpg
    coral thing2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Coral thing 3.jpg
    Coral thing 3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 412
Does it move from place to place on the rock? Or just change shape?

I have no clue what it is. Maybe a mushroom that has had the top cut off and it is in the process of growing a new flat top?

It actually moves. It will flatten out then slide part of itself then inflate the part it moved then the rest of it follows to the side it moved.

possibly a nem with the top cut/eaten/taken off? thats what it sounds like to me.... if it's eating hunks and moving (and it looks like a blob) thats a posibility of what it is?

Yeah I forgot to update this it has now moved in between the top and bottom of the rock and has grown tentacles now we are just trying to figure out what kind of anemone it is.

Attachments

• Hastentacles.jpg
    Hastentacles.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 372
  • Moved.jpg
    Moved.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 395
Back