Hoopsdaddy's 165g build

Hoopsdaddy everything looks great. I like the sump setup. Aquascaping looks good so far too. Is it just the vlamingi and 2 clowns so far for fish?

I know how exciting it is to upgrade tanks!

What are the dimensions on the 165 out of curiosity?

Hoopsdaddy everything looks great. I like the sump setup. Aquascaping looks good so far too. Is it just the vlamingi and 2 clowns so far for fish?

I know how exciting it is to upgrade tanks!

What are the dimensions on the 165 out of curiosity?

Thanks!!!

Fish- 1 Val Tang, 2 Clowns, 2 Cardinals, 1 Royal Gramma. Got any great recommendations?
Tank size is 60Lx24Wx30H w/50Gal sump that holds 35gallons.

Just a quick update. Live rock should be ready to go in this weekend. It has recured and I am just giving it a couple more days in some fresh salt water to soak. Going to do the high salinity dip because of Yote's affection for mantis shrimp. Thought it I had any I would mail them to him.
Question: Did the tank testing today and had no ites or ates(which is down from 10ppm about a week or so ago)(GO Cheato!!), but the Phos was .5ppm. is this an acceptable range. I have a little algea growth but not bad. Would running the phos reactor knock this out?

The cheato will use phosphates right along with the nitrates.But a reactor wont hurt either.There will be times when you'll want to run some carbon or have a little extra phos removal.

And keep your mantises.I've got enough of em:mrgreen:

What are you going to do when that Vlamingi outgrows your tank? They grow super fast. I am starting to like schools of Anthias even more now.

Either hope I find a deal like Ryan did or PM Biff and see if she needs another Vlamingi.
I am thinking the same thing about a group of anthis. Some seem to be very finicky though. Still researching them. Primary focus though is getting everything equipment wise how I want it and then start adding quite a few sps corals.

the reason they are finicky is because they have very fast metabolisms so they need to be feed like three times a day for a while since they will be most likely half starved to death coming from the LFS because they fish store probably only feeds them once a day

Well thought I had better give an update or you might have thought I had given up on the whole reefin thing. Have been busy trying to get the right skimmer and think I did. Because I have an odd size sump depth and the larger skimmers are very tall I had a lot of trouble finding the right one. To make a long story short I bought one and installed it and had mucho trouble setting it. Until I PM'd a couple of the vets and they were a ton of help!!! (Thanks!!!) So New MSO Recirc Needlewheel 150, new feed pump, and new Korilia 4 have been added. I still need to order 2 more of the K-4's. Dang money!!! I have added one new coral and 2 fish I got in trade. I will post them below. I also added 120lbs of base/live rock since I last posted. Let me know what ya think and thanks for the continued help!

Full tank shot... cause I know ya wanna see it!
edDSC00139.jpg
[/IMG]
edDSC00137.jpg
[/IMG]
edDSC00133.jpg
[/IMG]
edDSC00130.jpg
[/IMG]
The new skimmer in action!
edDSC00142.jpg
[/IMG]
Sump kritters!
edDSC00143.jpg
[/IMG]
The new coral
edDSC00135.jpg
[/IMG]
The new critters. 1 Emerald Crab
edDSC00124.jpg
[/IMG]
2 Firefish in quarantine
edDSC00120.jpg
[/IMG]
In tank 3 weeks later
edDSC00132.jpg
[/IMG]

Hope ya like!!

Awesome hoopsdaddy. Any help ever needed with the vlamingi you know I'm your man.

I dig the awuascaping. Looks good. Zoanthids look great too. I would try to make it a point to get your k4s asap. Water flow Is extremely important.

Back