I Got A Free 29G tank Today

I not sure Doc.
I was only getting $10 and they were selling them for $15-20.Tank bred gonis is hard to come by,it should be worth more don't you think.

yeah. guess the fact they most people kill them makes them less valuable? not sure

-Dr Marco :sfish:

Mine was the plain green(Goniopora stokesi).Try getting yourself the red goni with purple centers.Thats what I'm going to try to get whenever I get this damn new tank up and running for awhile.

So, whats makes a certain coral more attractive to a reefer?

Is it the difficulty of keeping them alive? Is there some ego thing about keeping really difficult species?

Or is it strictly based on physical appearence? Do people just like the "pretty stuff", regardless of difficulty?

i personally think it has to do with the availability of the coral. That does tie into the difficulty a little bit, but more about the shipping than the keeping. The less available, the more money it costs to get one. Aquaculture tends to cost a bit more than live as well.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

The rarer and where they are located has a lot to do with the price.Anything from Australia will cost an arm and leg....i.e,Acans,Blasto,Micros.That doesn't explain why florida rics/yumas cost so much.Oh yeah,I remember why,those are restricted area,only so much are allowed to be collected.

Back