Its official

yote

In Memoriam
I'm going bigger.
I went a head and ordered a new AGA reef ready 125 yesterday.Working it off at the LFS,so I get it at cost.
Now here are my plans for the new tank.:
It will be an all SPS system.Not a softie or leather one is going in it.
Projected fish are 1x Atlantic Blue tang,1x either powder blue or powder brown tang,and 1 or 2 small wrasses.
Filtration will be done by a custom built sump system with seperate refugium.Skimmer and pumps will be external plumbed.There will also be a phosphate reactor and calcium reactor built into the sump.Skimmer will probably be an Octopus.Cant remember the model,but its right at 24" tall.Also planing on a panworld return pump.Flow inside the tank will be provided by Tunze Turbelle 6201 pumps set up with the wave controller.Yeah,I want as close to tidal currents as I can get.
Thinking that I'll try Aquatinics Constallation for lights.Or might even give halides a try.
Let me know if I missed anything.

:bounce:

Thats friggin' AWESOME Yote!!

I can't wait to see it. PLEASE do a build thread on it. I read a LOT in that forum but never post. I'd be VERY interested in seeing how you put this together. I have a 90g tank that might get set up in the next year, so I'll be watching yours closely.

Yote -- I'm sorry to hear about the end of your marriage. Hopefully she took the kids with her :p

:) Congrats on the new tank!

Thanks y'all.
You know I'll have a build thread on when I actually get to start it.
I'll have the tank in 3 or 4 weeks.But were getting ready to go back on 80+ hours a week at work,so its going to be a slow build.I dont plan on getting the sump untill tax time.
But shooting to have water in it by april anyway.

Yote are you contemplating a closed loop? For the price of those Tunzes you could put in a nice Hammerhead or similar closed loop pump with a wavemaker. If you dont want to do the CL what about the new Polario powerhead? 150 bucks cheaper for the same flow(bi-directional) and comes with a controller? Just throwing some ideas out there.

Awesome yote! Glad to hear your steppin it up to a 6 ft tank! And the stocking sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it all come together. I'm with ryan on an awesome closed loop setup. Have you thought about that? Next tank I have the closed loop piping will all be concealed by rockwork so you will barely even be able to see anything. I'm going to do my next tank seriously right. And it will be a minimum 240 but I don't want anything under 300gal. So... That will be a while from now. Flojo says it will be my wedding present from her. And she is serious about it too. She's so great :) you know you got a keeper when they are supportive of you going bigger!

Back