Justin's 125 build

Which fish was it????? (I was in the store at the same time as mng was). That guy was a jerk to you, Justin. NDB said he would have made him empty his pockets out in front of him.

I can't tell you!! Yeah I was pretty let down with the way he handled it, but I told him I wasn't leaving till it was right. He changed his attitude a bit after that. I'll see how it goes the next time I am there. It only takes one stupid thing and all of a sudden my loyalty could change... but for the moment I'm choosing to over look it because despite how rude the clerk was, Mike still took care of me on everything I picked up tonight.

not while i was there but i saw him set it to the left of the register so if he cares, he will get a flashlight and look. I think he probably put it in the register and didn't realize it because I made him check the register again after you guys walked out and then his attitude changed.

I know one place that it was not, my pocket! I'll call Mike in the morning and see if they found it, then make the new guy give me a free coral for acting like an ass!

I'm glad to se they've cleaned up their act! :mrgreen:

Yeah I know! This all happened after I advised Justin to get his CUC online since it's so much cheaper and you can get free shipping at Live Aquaria. And he said, "No, I like to give these guys my business -- they take care of me."

It appears they still have some work to do...

Yeah I know! This all happened after I advised Justin to get his CUC online since it's so much cheaper and you can get free shipping at Live Aquaria. And he said, "No, I like to give these guys my business -- they take care of me."

It appears they still have some work to do...
Hay! You all play nice! Mike has done more to make this build happen than anyone else and though it's ironic that I ran into a little trouble while Sarah was there, I'm not going to let it end a great relationship. If after I speak with Mike about it, there is any sign of mistrust, than I may reconsider my loyalty with them. As it stands now, I would not have this tank or any of the new gear if it were not for Mike's efforts to help me out and I think I owe him a little understanding as a result. Not to mention that I get online pricing for most anything I buy from him :) :) :)

He knows that if he gives me deals on CUC and dry goods that I won't go to the web to get corals and fish. He takes care of me so I don't shop anywhere else.

I have always found their prices at least 25% higher than what I can find on line. I hate that they seem to just pull a price out of their ass when you ask how much something costs. One person says one thing and another says something else the next day. Prices vary so much it seems like a scam to me. They also need to clean up their shop. The lighting sucks and there's crap on the floor everywhere. If they can't keep a somewhat clean shop then how can I trust that their livestock is care for? Sorry I'm just disappointed Tucson doesn't have better. Someone will come along some day with some real passion and open a shop. Justin weren't you thinking of doing something like that?

He knows that if he gives me deals on CUC and dry goods that I won't go to the web to get corals and fish. He takes care of me so I don't shop anywhere else.

I don't think you have looked very closely online then... Their CUC are way overpriced. Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums has a build your own CUC w/ free shipping. Their snails, crabs and shrimp are still half the price of SWA's.

Plus, they know there's NOWHERE ELSE TO GO in town! If you want to shop locally, they are pretty much your only choice. And that in and of itself sucks.

I have always found their prices at least 25% higher than what I can find on line. I hate that they seem to just pull a price out of their ass when you ask how much something costs. One person says one thing and another says something else the next day. Prices vary so much it seems like a scam to me. They also need to clean up their shop. The lighting sucks and there's crap on the floor everywhere. If they can't keep a somewhat clean shop then how can I trust that their livestock is care for? Sorry I'm just disappointed Tucson doesn't have better. Someone will come along some day with some real passion and open a shop. Justin weren't you thinking of doing something like that?
Yes I was. I got my biz lic, and tax ID and then I fell on my face. My supplier turned out to be a complete flake and I ran into personal problems that changed my priorities and I just let it fall by the wayside. I'd still love to do it someday, but I need an investor to help me start it up at this point. I just am not in a position to do it on my own.

I think that's probably the #1obstacle when starting your own business :( If you did open your own LFS, I'd work for you!!
I had things all figured out to start from my home and do a free delivery system that would have worked beautifully but given the recent changes in my personal situation, and my supplier flaking out on me, I just decided to refocus on the most important things for now and let that be an idea for another day. I have the experience running businesses and managing retail, and I'm learning the saltwater hobby more and more everyday, so.... someday perhaps I'll bring it all together. I may ask Rob to let me partner with him and open an east-side shop. I think that would be an easier way to break into the industry and perhaps I could help him improve his Oracle store at the same time.

If I were you I'd do it on your own. Then you have complete control. I would hope that your business would out shine his within a few months. He has developed a bad reputation that you shouldn't associate yourself. JMO.

Wish I was rich enough to invest in helping you start a business. Maybe Rob would sell you his and you could clean it up and rebuild. Would probably be cheaper to do it that way.

If I were you I'd do it on your own. Then you have complete control. I would hope that your business would out shine his within a few months. He has developed a bad reputation that you shouldn't associate yourself. JMO.

+1 million. Justin, you are one of only a few people that likes to shop there. Most in Tucson seem to go to the Phoenix stores just to avoid the two that we have here. You don't need to play second fiddle to anyone! Plus he DID have an eastside location, remember? Now he doesn't! He has been talking for the last 2 years about opening a 2nd store, but it hasn't happened yet...

Well.... I agree! Now someone step up and finance this endeavor. I'll give all LR members discounted pricing, and I'll put tags on everything... I promise!

Back