Justin's 125 build

Internal or external pump Justin?
If its an internal,you could rig up a couple of suction cups to quieten the vibration.
If external,About what every it takes will work.
Looks good though.Even that MESS of wires.:D

Internal or external pump Justin?
If its an internal,you could rig up a couple of suction cups to quieten the vibration.
If external,About what every it takes will work.
Looks good though.Even that MESS of wires.:D
It's external. I put foam between it and the floor of the stand as I installed it, but it doesn't seem to have done much. I'm not sure what else can be done... but I'll keep trying. I think that when I get doors put on the stand it might help a bit.

I got some more done today. I mounted the second MH ballast and cleaned up the wiring to the heater and installed a digital thermometer (one of several that I will use when the system is complete).
P1110040.JPGP1110041.JPG
I am still waiting on the glass hole-saw to arrive so I can get started installing my overflow and building my display... I expect it to happen this week.

Have you tryed placing a piece of sponge between the pump and wood?Something 3/4 to 1" thick?
I dont know that would help,but it'd be worth a shot.

I used cell cast foam which is more or less a dense sponge. Basically the same thing that a wetsuit is made from. It's about 1/2" thick. Do you think I should swap it for a sponge?

Awesome justin! I love builds! I know how frustrating pumps can be. Seems like I'm always cursed with at least one loud pump. My cl pump is soooo loud and will one day be history!

Doc is doing great. He went diving in hawaii and sent me some really sweet pics and videos, maybe ill post em one of these days since I know there are a few that would be interested.

His business is doing well and his tanks are kicking ass! I had lunch with him I wanna say 5 mos ago or so. He was in town for the day and I was able to bail on work to meet with him&family.

Awesome! please tell him that he is missed here. I hope he will return someday. I'm glad to hear that he is still in the hobby and doing well.

THANK GOD IT WASNT TEMPERED GLASS!! :bounce:Looks good Justin, will u have it done by next saturday? I am going to have a frag swap, reefkeeping get together at my house and all are invited. We would love to see some new faces, eventhough this is just my second one. LOL But all who are in the hobby, thinking about it or just enjoy looking at tanks are welcome! Next saturday, I was thinking 2-230 ish start time. Let me know if you can make it, or anyone else that reads this!

My band is playing a show tomorrow that will prevent me from making it, but I assume you are talking about the following Saturday, the 23rd? I have tentative plans to be out of town snowboarding that weekend but there is a good chance that I won't end up going. If I am in town, I will come. I'll let you know by the middle of the week.

I bet he has it filled and is just making us wait to see it. :grumble:
I long for the day! Soon my friends, Soon!

Yeah next Saturday, the 23rd
I just remembered that my nephews birthday is that weekend so I am postponing the boarding trip which means I will be there at the frag swap, though likely just as a spectator this time...

I took some time away from work today and got the overflow installed:
P1110044.JPG P1110046.JPG
It blends nicely into the background
P1110045.JPG
Im off to show some houses. TTYL

Back