Kati's 28 Gallon JBJ LED Nano

LOL LOVE the pitch !!!

It will be a while before I upgrade to the HOB. I am just using the filter basket converted to fuge for now. WOW tho!! Nice stuff. :D

Added some of Biff's Chaeto to my hob filter/fuge conversion and is growing like wildfire!

I may just have to invest payday. :)

Today's #s

Temp 79
Amonia 0
Nitrites <.25
Nitrates barely registering
Salinity 1.026
KH 10
pH 8.0

Kati, how's your skimmer been working out for you? I just got mine today in the mail

Skimmer took about 2 days to break in. Works really well so far. It is a TOTAL pita having to remove the cup to open the lid, so down the road I will be doing the Remora C I think.

I adjusted it to where the bubbles just hit the bottom of the cup and it doesn't fill too fast and isn't all wet foam. Make sure you put the hanger on the side of the Pump and not the basket. ( I did it the other way at first.) It hangs more solid and you don't have to fight the basket to get it hanging.

I just acclimated 6 little Blue leg dwarfs. (I know pics! My camera is being a pain - I'll get some tonight when the light is better.. LOL) And just turned them loose in there. Wish all good health and happiness. (They have extra shells.)

OK got the camera to play semi nicely. Of course today most of the 6 are hiding out in odd angles and places. :P But here are 2 pics of the latest acquisitions. :) Today is day 3 in their new home. As you can see from the trails through the samd they have been very busy!

hermit1.jpg

hermit2.jpg

http://www.digitallitedesign.com/guestftp/myimages/swtank/hermit2.jpg

He likes to hang out in the current. :) The Xenia are pulsing. And the Feather Duster is fanning and every once in awhile pulls in for about 30 secs, then feathers out again....which I hope is normal?

Today's Pic. I was busy when the Firefish decided to hang out in the middle of the tank so he may be in the next one. :)

Sand is all clean again. CuC is doing a great job. I am starting to get these tiny little orangish feather things coming out of tiny tubes on one of the rocks. They are too tiny to get a pic of with the camera I have.

April072010.jpg

Last edited:
Mine are in the white tubes yep. :) Not so many of them, and they are a rusty orange. But this is a new tank and things are just now "starting to happen." :)

And look who darted out for a split second! :)

fishie2.jpg

fishie1.jpg

Nice set up Kati

How do you like the LED set up?

I was considering get the same tank for my second tank was wondering what your thoughts were on how it runs, temps etc?

Thanks

Nice set up Kati

How do you like the LED set up?

I was considering get the same tank for my second tank was wondering what your thoughts were on how it runs, temps etc?

Thanks

I love the LEDs. After hearing tales of heat and MH I am glad I went with them. Temps are pretty stable around 79-80deg....We'll have AC in the summer so I hope to have the same temp range. Things grow REALLY well under them. LOL When I was cycling the algae loved them. :grumble: I cut down to a 6hr Daylight cycle though and things have cleared up nicely. :) The tank is in a well lit room, so the daylights don't kick until noon and everything seems happy so far. It runs pretty quiet. I had to adjust the stock powerheads. hehe I had them pointed too high and it splashed when they kicked in - even the cats would jump. :^:

But ya....I love it. Easy to care for and looks really nice in the room.

I love the LEDs. After hearing tales of heat and MH I am glad I went with them. Temps are pretty stable around 79-80deg....We'll have AC in the summer so I hope to have the same temp range. Things grow REALLY well under them. LOL When I was cycling the algae loved them. :grumble: I cut down to a 6hr Daylight cycle though and things have cleared up nicely. :smile: The tank is in a well lit room, so the daylights don't kick until noon and everything seems happy so far. It runs pretty quiet. I had to adjust the stock powerheads. hehe I had them pointed too high and it splashed when they kicked in - even the cats would jump. :^:

But ya....I love it. Easy to care for and looks really nice in the room.

Thanks for the info and review

Back