LFS Big tank

MikMcgyver

Vlamingi owner 4 life!
Take a look at this tank for sale. Its 1" thick acrylic 6'x6'x6'...

cadenbigtank.jpg

Crappy phone pic, as you can see my kiddo wanted to have his pic taken. He actually wanted inside the tank to get his pic taken...

He is a couple other tanks they had with frags, colonies and such...

cadentank1.jpg

cadentank2.jpg

Good livestock but wicked expensive prices..

It would be a full time job....I figured it was about 1500 gallons, it didnt have a price either. I guess if you have to ask its too much..

Holy crap, don't accidentally drop something in it. You'll need to dive in just to get it back.

Realistically, I think it would be difficult to keep a tank of that depth sufficiently oxygenated... You'd need one hell of a wavemaker. I'd be up for the challenge though, if I had the $$!!!

Yup, 1615 gallons. Thats like 13,000 pounds just in water. Add 2000-3000 pounds of rock and ---- HOLY SH*T!!! Not something you're just gonna plop down in the living room.

If I had the money, I'd do it in a heartbeat. What's it cost for the tank?

Last edited:
Thats the kind of tank you set on a 6" thick,steel re-enforced concrete pad.

Biff,
Oxygen wouldnt be that big of a problem,You'd just have to get water in the bottom up to the surface.
It would take some hellasious powerheads though.

Thats the kind of tank you set on a 6" thick,steel re-enforced concrete pad.

Biff,
Oxygen wouldnt be that big of a problem,You'd just have to get water in the bottom up to the surface.
It would take some hellasious powerheads though.

It has holes in the bottom just for that.Think I counted 6 returns in the bottom.

RC, as for price they didnt have in marked... It said "For price inquire at front desk"
I just left it alone..

wow! i'm sure their prices have to be high to maintain a frag tank like that! I could spend hours in a place like that.

I would have stayed there for hours too but I had the kid with me, he gets anxious when we are in one spot too long... I have yet to start pricing fish for my FOWLR, but I know them big angels are gonna be pricey...

when you are ready to shop for angels, drop me a line and I will point you in the right direction. They have been my fascination for the entire time I have been involved in this hobby.

You will pay a premium for frags from that show tank, the presentation is worth it though

-Doc

Back