Look What Hubby Brought Home Grrrrrrrr

KarenJax

Certified Master Stylist
I can't decide whether to get pissed or not. He found this poor guy trapped in a crab trap in the Yacht Basin at the marina where he works. He was half dead :( so he brought him home and acclimated him in the 29. Don't know what kind he is if he's reef safe or anything.
77a80952.jpg

I don't know if it's reef safe or not. Some stars are, but it seems the majority are not. Why didn't he just throw him back in the water?

Good question and one I asked him. " but he looked so stiff and cold and hungry!" so I'm getting him warmed back up and will probably put him in the water at the beach tomorrow.

d2mini - that's a great close up shot! Have you ever put this in POTM? I like to see pics like this because you get a much better feel for the anatomy of the fish. I look at my tank with a magnifying glass at least once a day! I've learned a lot and see so many more things that I would not with the naked eye.

This forum is full of rescuers LOL It's hard to get mad at spouses when they do stuff like that.....cuz you want them interested in the aquarium so you can buy more aquarium stuff! :D

I forget what those stars are called,but their NOT reef safe.But you also cant release it back into the eco-system either after it being in your tank.

Let's see he's been living in a yacht basin with close contact with fuel and oil but *I* can't put him back after he's been in a clean tank??? Sucks

Let's see he's been living in a yacht basin with close contact with fuel and oil but *I* can't put him back after he's been in a clean tank??? Sucks

It isnt that the star fish will die or be harmed. It is because there could be some pest, parasite, or disease in your tank that is foriegn to the local ecosystem. It could easily devistate the local ecosystem.

Back