Love this! Don't love the price, any DIY ideas?

Cool. That sounds exciting. Can't wait to see your "upside down" tank. Looks like someone is going to be starting another new build thread! Good luck. :)

I kind of have two threads going about the development of my tank so I'm going to write to a moderator to try and merge these.

Ok, I've got my glass cut for a little tank. I couldn't glue them for two reasons. First, I'm not able to find aquarium grade silicone. My LFS guy is out and Home Depot didn't have any. I could have tried Petco but I don't like to shop there due to animal abuse allegations. Second, I'm kind of stuck on my design. I would like this tank to house a herd of pixie seahorses. Pixie's eat only live brine shrimp. I've got an idea to add about 4 inches to the back of my tank that would be dedicated to keeping live brine shrimp that would be able to swim into the main tank as a food supply. I spent a long time looking for something like this and can't find anything so I'm thinking there must be a problem with the idea. Any suggestions?

Catherine

You can find aquarium grade silicone at any hardware store. It just isn't labeled with "Aquarium Safe". Like Daugherty said, Silicone I won't have antimicrobial additives. Silicone II does. So buy any brand of Silicone I.

Back