Mechanical side of a 100g

kilo

Reefing newb
None of this is set in stone, if you've been looking through my thread some won't be new,some stuff will but anyways I thought I'd compile a list!
All help is much appreciated

Filtration:
AquaC ev 180 skimmer
Aqueon proflex 3 (fuge setup)
BRS dual reactor (GFO and Carbon)
Aquamaxx biamaxx bio pellet reactor
Calcium reactor?

Lights:
2 AI SOL's

Flow:
Koralias + controller

Other:
I reef keeper elite +
American dj powerstrips

Am I missing anything? What do I do about dosing kalk. Etc....? If any of you guys have these, reviews would be greatly appreciated. if I picked a bad item please tell me, and if you know something that will help/do something awesome for the tank, please let me know !!

I agree with lil fish...looks like a nice list, but a few of those you won't need at the start. Some people dose with a 2-part for alk and cal.

So calcium reactor and dosing aren't needed till crazy SPS? Ok, sounds good. what about the return pump? I was thinking eheim 1375, too much or too little?

Also, if you're running a bio pellet reactor you probably do not need to run GFO, as the bacteria that are taking nitrates out of the water will also remove phosphates

Ok, I might as well run the dual reactor before the bio pellet. The dual is cheaper, soo I'll go with that, thanks!

I would not run bio pellets and carbon in the BRS dual reactor. If you look on their site i am pretty sure they reccommend that bio pellets be run in their own, dedicated reactor

Back