Midas Blenny behavior

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by AmberSunrise, Mar 12, 2011.

1. AmberSunrise

AmberSunrise

At first I though oh no flashing means ICH but she has been doing it since I got her and no ich so I am convinced its only for attention.

If I am typing or not looking at the tank this is what she does! Usually as soon as I get the camera out and start trying to take a video she just starts swimming and begging for food.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLjQAhtrJ0]YouTube - Blenny poofs the sand[/ame]

AmberSunrise, Mar 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. AmberSunrise

Dana42078 Dana

idk toots, i have seen other fish do it but idk y they would do it other than ich...i would have said nothing but i hate when ppl read my threads and say nothing.

Dana42078, Mar 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. AmberSunrise

Waddi Shenanigans? VIP Member

I heard they do this when they feel threatened or to go to sleep. But in my opinion, i have no clue! Funky little guy! :D

Waddi, Mar 13, 2011
    Sakura2282 likes this.
  4. AmberSunrise

AmberSunrise

Yeah really cool fish very interactive all the time as soon as I turn the lights on she zings out of her cave all happy and active and as soon as the lights go off she goes straight to bed.

Thats fine sometimes you just dont know what to say :mrgreen:

AmberSunrise, Mar 13, 2011
  5. AmberSunrise

chichimom79 reef junkie

I know this thread is a year and a half old. Just wondering if you still have your Midas. The one I had displayed the same behavior and she ended up getting skinny and passing away. I suspect an internal parasite. I would like to get another one but I question how hardy they are. Maybe a QT is in order.

chichimom79, Oct 29, 2012
  6. AmberSunrise

DesertBubbles

Here it is 2014 and my Midas does this behavior all the time. Recently, I have lost several fish to what I believe is Velvet. However, this Midas has been doing this since I got him a month ago and no signs of distress. I would love to know if this is normal for them or if maybe he is stronger and fighting the parasite. I am at a loss at what to do with my tank as I have numerous corals, and to treat Velvet requires copper and no light, and that is not going to work with corals. I don't know if the 4 fish I have remaining die and no fish added will the parasite die off in time or does is it able to live in the tank indefinitely?

DesertBubbles, Feb 12, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question