Midas Blenny behavior

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
At first I though oh no flashing means ICH but she has been doing it since I got her and no ich so I am convinced its only for attention.

If I am typing or not looking at the tank this is what she does! Usually as soon as I get the camera out and start trying to take a video she just starts swimming and begging for food.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLjQAhtrJ0]YouTube - Blenny poofs the sand[/ame]

idk toots, i have seen other fish do it but idk y they would do it other than ich...i would have said nothing but i hate when ppl read my threads and say nothing.

I heard they do this when they feel threatened or to go to sleep. But in my opinion, i have no clue! Funky little guy! :D

Yeah really cool fish very interactive all the time as soon as I turn the lights on she zings out of her cave all happy and active and as soon as the lights go off she goes straight to bed.

idk toots, i have seen other fish do it but idk y they would do it other than ich...i would have said nothing but i hate when ppl read my threads and say nothing.

Thats fine sometimes you just dont know what to say :mrgreen:

I know this thread is a year and a half old. Just wondering if you still have your Midas. The one I had displayed the same behavior and she ended up getting skinny and passing away. I suspect an internal parasite. I would like to get another one but I question how hardy they are. Maybe a QT is in order.

Here it is 2014 and my Midas does this behavior all the time. Recently, I have lost several fish to what I believe is Velvet. However, this Midas has been doing this since I got him a month ago and no signs of distress. I would love to know if this is normal for them or if maybe he is stronger and fighting the parasite. I am at a loss at what to do with my tank as I have numerous corals, and to treat Velvet requires copper and no light, and that is not going to work with corals. I don't know if the 4 fish I have remaining die and no fish added will the parasite die off in time or does is it able to live in the tank indefinitely?

Back