MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

I sure appreciate the good words...It is coming along right good....Luckily my daughter is 11 and is so pleased to spend the entire day on Mindcraft, so it lets me work on the project on my days off....

I still have some sheetrock trimwork to do but I realized that with the exception of repair work, I have not done any real sheetrock work since I was 13 years old!!! And that was in 1970!!!!

We were effectively homeless 2 years ago...my wife was out of work for an extended time and I lost my job...wasn't long before we had to move out of the house we were renting....luckily a friend let us move in with her so we stored everything we owned for a while, but things worked out and thank God for the VA Loan and for my wife's creative finances and now we have a mortgage....I mean a house of our own!!!!

Be patient...you don't want a house in Minot anyway....

Yup....my Bride is amazing....she kept our credit clean enough to get into a home of our own....I have owned 7 homes now but there were a few years when I rented and I didn't even realize how nice a house of your own is...

Tell me about it...we have a house but we are renting it because husband has to travel netween bases, it sucks but it makes money

Man Marinne...you are one of those cold weather people....So far I know you have a home in Montana, lived in Colorado and are in Minot now....brrrrr.....I feel cold when it gets into the 40's now....

Anyway, I'm awake now and will be taking my little girl to he mom's at noon and then it will be "Game on"....let's see how much the old man can get done today!!!

Owning a house is great, granted you can fix anything that breaks inside it. Furnace/Leaking Roof/Plumbing/Odds and ends here and there. Can't tell you how many of my customers can't stand owning their own house because of the problems they've had. Fortunately, I give them reasonable prices since I don't technically own a business (license). So, I fix there shit for hundreds less (except roofing, then it's usually a few thousand left but I hate my life when I have to do it :(). No over-head for me to worry about besides my own home lol. But you're right, it's nice when you can open up a wall and put a fish tank in it. Once I feel I'm ready and comfortable with my ability with taking care of saltwater fish, I'm going to tear into the false wall downstairs and do the same thing. That, will be a fun build. I've found a 200 Gal sump included (all pvc as well) for like 400 on craigslist, and a 300 gal same thing, for 800. So, needless to say, when the time comes, MEGA upgrade :)!

Yeah, you probably have a massive Craigslist up where you are....

I'm now one cup of coffee into my preparations for the day...as soon as I drop my frag off with her mom I will be at it!!!

Yep, when i type in fish tank/aquarium/saltwater anything of the sort, pages and pages pop up lol. But anywho, good luck on today, hope you get everything you need done :)!

Jump out there....that tank begs to be a reef....

I can't do freshwater....every time I've ever tried it was just like having a death row....every fish I ever bought was just there waiting to die...I don't get it...I can grow amazing corals but can't keep a pleko alive...guppies, forget it, I just don't have the skills needed....

the tank is doing great but I wouldn't know what to do with my cichlids...it would prob take a while to get homes for them

It would prob cost me $2500 to get it running, lights, skimmer, powerheads, ATO, controller...I did just sell my race quad, man this is a tough one lol

Back