MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

Genuine True story...I had a friend who grew a Panther Grouper out to about 16 inches and had us over for dinner...it was amazing....those little fish get really big really fast!!!! And tasty too....

Anyway, I didn't meet my lofty goals for progress today, but I still feel the day was a success....I applied another skim of mud on the outside walls and got all the insulation in (I was just itching to get into the fiberglass...LOL)...I got part (the back wall and most of the door wall) drywall hung and got the tape and first skim of mud on those parts....They aren't much to look at, but here are the pics from today....(taken before I mudded the inside)....
IMG_5676_zps5f2d20dd.jpg

IMG_5675_zps8d9b3a3a.jpg

IMG_5677_zps72c48936.jpg

After the rest of the drywall is up I am going to do a real good garage cleanup and put away, then the mudding, stand construction sealing / painting will begin....I always set high goals for progress, but with age I have gotten okay with not getting it all done as intended...I'm just really pleased with how it's going so far....Another thing I have planned is the room ventillation...I am getting a 6X6 vent return type grill and putting it low in the Living Room wall (painted to match) and putting my SilenX fan blowing into the fish room side of the opening, then I'm putting another vent grill from the ceiling of the fish room into the top of the display shelf area in the LR....that should certainly keep things comfy and dehumidified....

Okay, so I got home from work a little early and I decided that if I don't get all of my computer time finished up before bed I can finish it in the morning tomorrow....so I went out to the garage for a little while....I got the rest of the inside walls sheet rocked and ready for tape and mud, then I cut trim pieces for the outside walls, where the drywall sheets were just a tad bit too short and where there were ugly areas to hide!!!!

Here is the progress as of now....
IMG_5681_zps0abd3e07.jpg

IMG_5682_zps864451b5.jpg

IMG_5678_zps5d843139.jpg

IMG_5679_zps77cba2ef.jpg

IMG_5680_zpsb67f971a.jpg

Hopefully I will have time another evening or two to get the taping and mudding done then I can sand, build stands and seal / prime this weekend....then it will be cut a hole in the house time!!!! I'm getting oh so very close!!! Exciting...

I got an outstanding email from ReefBreeders LEDs, then a matching one from UPS....

If you're not familiar with them, go to their website....

reefbreeders.com

GOT MY TRACKING NUMBER!!!!
2 ValueLED Fixtures,
Paid 3/8/13,
Delivery 3/29/13...THIS FRIDAY!!!!

I'm totally hyped!!!!

Nice, I'm debating what to get for my 350. I'll be interested to see how LEDs do for you (and if they break the bank!).

The beauty of the ReefBreeders lights is they are full spectrum, dimmable and $179 each....shipped....with a 2 year USA warranty

It is only 2 fixtures and I will NEVER get them to 100% output on my tank....these have the penetration for SPS throughout a 30" tall tank....mine's only 24" tall....

Friday is here!!!!

My lights should be arriving today!!!

I will be mudding all the walls this evening and putting the inside trim boards up first thing in the morning tomorrow, followed by wall sanding....then stand finishing....Prime and seal...then CUT A BIG HOLE IN THE LIVING ROOM WALL!!!!!

I am so hyped!!!!

Stay tuned, this should be great fun!!!

Are you ALWAYS on this site Anthony???? LOL...every time I am here...whhhooooomp!!! There's Anthony!!!

We need to get you a LivingReefs Resident Award!!!!

I have a 4 year old and a 11 month old, don't get much sleep lol. And I leave this site up as a tab along with my e-mail. When I see notifications from my e-mail, I check out what happened (as long as I'm home lol) and comment. Sorry if it's annoying lol >_>

Not even a little annoying...I thought it was kinda cool actually.............

A little update....First I wanted to show a little growth on my Miami Hurricanes Chalice....
10/17/12
IMG_5423_zpsda391d40.jpg

3/29/13 (new eyes!!!!)
IMG_5721_zps6453efd7.jpg

Now, I got my lights....here are some shots of the new toys!!!!
IMG_5715_zpsc2e09820.jpg

White / full spectrum only
IMG_5716_zps1554f247.jpg

Blue only
IMG_5718_zpsa7cfa316.jpg

All on
IMG_5717_zps75a075d7.jpg

Those were taken with both potentiometers on minimum settings....this one is with them all cranked up.....
IMG_5719_zpsbd9b23f5.jpg

The regular kitchen lights were on but were so overwhelmed that you cannot even see their effects in the picture

Back