MitchReef's Reef...well the current one at least....

Thanks, actually the kitchen was one of the things that drew us to this house...It has a big wrap around of the granite with backsplashes and the upgraded cabinets, not just doors....the guy we bought from did amazingly high quality upgrades all through the house, the kitchen and bathrooms within a year before we bought it....

As for the lights, I don't see any other option without dropping HUGE bucks on a Radion, AI or Maxspect...all of which I would love to have, but that would have cost me as much as my entire project is costing....

I will have to post pictures tomorrow....had about 5 hours computer time this evening for work and didn't get them uploaded....

Anyway, it was a good weekend...I got all the rest of the drywall put up, including the little patch up pieces required due to the slightly over 8' wall heights in the garage and the rest of the pieces that will be around the wall opening....I got all the tape and mud up inside and out and got most of the sanding done inside the room, as well as part of the outside sanding....I built the tank stand and cut the Living Room wall just enough to position the tank stand....I need to pop the stand loose and shave one leg because of the slight uneven garage floor slab....I also started RO/DI water soaks on all my rock....

A little more sanding of drywall and it will be Seal and Prime time...I am hyped, may be putting the tank on the stand next week!!!! Then it will just be a bunch of plumbing and putting together!!!!

Here are the promised photos....as stated yesterday, I have all the mud up and all of that inside that was dry is sanded....Just a bit more sanding and it will be done....the stand is temporarily in place, held up by one woodscrew until I get it sealed and primed....Then it will be made one with the wall timbers supporting it!!!!
IMG_5732_zpsc2204326.jpg

IMG_5728_zps6a425e84.jpg

IMG_5729_zpsc178cc40.jpg

IMG_5730_zps7e602e99.jpg

It is getting so very close that I can almost see the corals growing....

The weekend is coming....wife is on the road to visit her mom in Kentucky for a week....ought to be a good week for construction on the project...I intend to finish sanding and then start the sealing/priming....with a little luck and hard work there should be a tank in my Living Room wall by the end of the day on Sunday!!!!

I am going to try to work on it some over the next couple of evenings, just so I can be ready to put in the primer on Saturday morning, but I have an awful lot of stuff to get done for work....I have a very demanding job.....

Me, too. My boss demands 7-4:30 Monday through Friday. All 45 hours are used up in my dealing with the stupidest f***ing pieces of s*** the world has ever seen. And I mean dumb sons of b****es. I went on a 35 mile drive after work cuz I was so pissed.

Now after ranting, I cant wait, either.

I work "on the road" M - F from 8 to usually about 4:30 to 6:30 and then another 3 to 5 hours on the computer documenting for the day....it's a very satisfying job and it pays fairly well so it's worthwhile, but it is a LOT of hours....

and...I can't wait either!!!!

Nah....it's all good....I just keep on keepin on and it makes my weekends much more enjoyable and relaxing....the hours are a big part of why I don't get more done each day on the weekends....gotta take it easy and relax....

BUT!!!!! It is Thursday and the weekend is nearly here!!!!

I made a cool buy today....I was concerned taht I might not have quite enough rock for the system and I was thinking about it while driving home today...I pass a big "rock yard" where they sell all kinds of rock for construction and gardening and such so I swung in...turns out that here in Florida they sell "Florida Fieldstone" which is old calcium limestone just like the stuff Marco and ReefCleaners sell....not quite as pretty detailed shapes, but the same stuff, nice and light/porous, great base rock...at $0.11 a pound!!!! I got a big flat and two nice other pieces for $2.70!!!! They are soaking in RO/DI water along with the rest of my rock as we speak....gotta love Florida...

Back