Moonlights

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
NJDevils got this light today and we found it does not have lunar lighting. The guy at the fish store massively botched up imo, told him it had bulbs, it did not, so we ran out and got 6 t-5 bulbs, added expense. And on top of that it has no lunar lighting. So I/ we really need some input as to what moonlight to put in there. The lfs is suggesting this long tube thing for like $80, it seems to replace a t-5 bulb, or so it looks like. I think there may be a better way and for less money. Any ideas?

The light:

http://www.marinedepot.com/48_inch_...t_Supply_Inc-SL2111-FILTFIT58U-SL2119-vi.html

Moonlights are over-rated!

Great light fixture normally most fixtures are not priced with bulbs because there are so many different bulbs to choose from. So I don't think the guy in the fish store screwed you, but he coulda been nice and asked you after he sold the light :D if you wanted to buy some bulbs.

Moonlights are over-rated!

Great light fixture normally most fixtures are not priced with bulbs because there are so many different bulbs to choose from. So I don't think the guy in the fish store screwed you, but he coulda been nice and asked you after he sold the light :D if you wanted to buy some bulbs.

He did sell us the bulbs at cost, I shoulda said that, sorry.:mrgreen:

I have eight L.E.D.'s , two side by side spaced acrooss the top and that is plenty of light to see the whole tank so any way to put at least six at the top would be good enough i would think.I dont think that would be too much.

im not saying there not. but they bought a light without moonlights. so in turn i wouldnt try and mod the nice tek light with moonlights. or try and hang something from the back of the tank etc.

I have to agree with Knuckle on this one.
BUT,I do like the way my moonlights look,especially when the kids are asleep and its me and wife :wink:

I'm with Yote and Knuckle. Besides why take a bulb out of that cool Tek light fixture for moonlights or rig up something to mount one of those other type of moonlights on that sweet fixture. Moonlights are overrated I've got one of those old military flashlights with the red light lenses for peeking into my tank at night :D.

I'm with Yote and Knuckle. Besides why take a bulb out of that cool Tek light fixture for moonlights or rig up something to mount one of those other type of moonlights on that sweet fixture. Moonlights are overrated I've got one of those old military flashlights with the red light lenses for peeking into my tank at night :D.

I think I am just gonna run what I have, skip the moonlights!

When I first set-up my tank I was excited about getting moonlights but I ended up going with a light fixture over a canopy, so there was no real non-distracting place to put them. Between my flashlight and turning on room lights I can easily check out the activity in my tank.

i dig moonlights, without them you miss out on the nighttime activity, hell i wouldnt have found some of the cool things in my tank without them, and the relaxation factor that yote said about, point blank if you dont have them you are missing out big time!

When I first set-up my tank I was excited about getting moonlights but I ended up going with a light fixture over a canopy, so there was no real non-distracting place to put them. Between my flashlight and turning on room lights I can easily check out the activity in my tank.

Besides, there is nothing but dirty water in the tank as it is! Hooking up an Eheim canister today, should speed things up!

Back