My 20g Setup

SigEpLucas

Nano Reefer
Alright I've gathered all of my materials, for the most part, and done as much research and reading as I can take and I'm finally up and running on my first Saltwater tank. Cannot wait to be done cycling...

Here is the tank...
DSC04395.jpg

A full tank shot...
DSC04396.jpg

The three pieces on the bottom right are all base rock, the really big one on the left is live rock, and the other two pieces top right and back left are both coral branches...I'm definately adding more live rock I just wanted to start cycling and ran out of money for now...
DSC04397.jpg

HOB Protein Skimmer is foaming up and seems to be working...
DSC04398.jpg

Koralia 2 powerhead...
DSC04399.jpg

And i found this Formosa DX 2 strip power compact light brand new for 40 bucks and I'm just waiting for the legs and bulbs to come in the mail...
DSC04400.jpg

I'll keep the thread updated with each new addition and can't wait to add Fish and CUC...Thanks for all of the help thus far!

Last edited:
Adding more live rock down the road could cause another cycle. Try to get all the rock you can in before you get any fish. I would suggest atleast one more powerhead too. Great start so far and good luck.

Looks good. Is that in the fraternity house?

One of my brothers had a 125 as his headrest in the house back in the day. I dont see how he kept people from messing with it.

yeah it's in the fraternity house but our university doesn't really have "houses" for greeks we just have our own dorms and I'm the RA for our "house" so I get my own room. I had an aquarium set up all last year with freshwater and it didn't get messed with so hopefully it'll be ok...

A made a couple new additions to the aquarium.

I got the legs and 1 bulb in the mail so my light is now up!
DSC04401.jpg

DSC04402.jpg

DSC04403.jpg

I added two more pieces of live rock...
DSC04404.jpg

and one blue LED moonlight...
DSC04405.jpg

Also I noticed a little red worm after i added the two new pieces of live rock, I only saw it for a second and it was going for the decaying raw shrimp I was using to cycle the tank, looked maybe like an inch and a half or so long and was red but now it's gone...any ideas?

I've got tons of them in my tank. The first one I found, I named him Frank. Once I realized I had lots, well, they all get called Frank. Do some research, some people treat them as a pest but many believe they are an important part of creating a strong eco-system. I'm pro-bristol worm myself. You can even buy them from some places. I'm new though and I don't know what I'm talking about.

well i think you probably do know what your talking about so thank you so much for the help...i've only seen one and it's the only thing i have living in my tank right now so i guess i'm ok with it...

Very nice start.
You caught the bristle worm doing what their designed for,eating waste and dead stuff.You've got a lot more than just that one.There great to have in the tank.

Congrats on your first animal sighting. Bristleworms are great cleaners and excellent at keeping your sandbed and rockwork free of detritus and dead things. Your tank is looking really good.

Back