My first tank - 60g

This was a medium sized rock, he had some large rocks about 3 times the size and polyps for 60 dollars. So not too bad, i just dont have space in my tank for something that big

Thanks GG, i hope they are blastos, first set ive seen in victoria :D

Got a few new additions today, pictures still to come, and also manage to get my LFS to cut me a frag of a big acro they had :D he gave it to me for free ;) not bad, ill take pictures tonight, just gotta do an assignment first XD

img6226.jpg

Here are those zoas, a bit better quality

img6236y.jpg

big green horn coral

img6239b.jpg

and the little green acro frag i got for free, just wedged into the rock, hope he can grow on it properly!

Wow! My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in hawaii. We actually visited a sea horse farm that domesticated the sea horse. They have sea horses that are living 10 years in a home aquarium now! They also eat frozen foods now.

They just got a pair of dragon fish I think they are called...about $20,000 a pair and they are trying to acclimate that to the home aquarium!

They sound crazy! 20k for fish? Holy crap!

Ive been looking at sea horses. In the planning stages at the moment, should be fun :D

Thanks biff, yeye, i found blastos, my lfs only seems to have the big bulb ones which arent blasos, but very similar, they look amazing!

and those zoas are pastel colors which i love, and at night, when there closed the outside is yellow, so that glows under the moonlight even if they are not open

They sound crazy! 20k for fish? Holy crap!

Ive been looking at sea horses. In the planning stages at the moment, should be fun :D

Seahorse.com - Seahorse, Sea Life, Marine Life, Aquafarm Sales, Feeds and Accessories - Home

Thats the place in Hawaii we toured. They have a really nice facility and they do a great job with the sea horses. It's only $200 for a pair shipped to your door...they also do a 6 month training course with you before you get the horses to make sure your fully educated on keeping them. I was really impressed and if I ever did a sea horse tank I would buy from these people!

I really loved the horn coral such a bright coral under any lighting!

200 dollars for a pair is very expensive, i pay 70 dollars a horse and thats AUSD And they are tank bred and healthy.

Not easy for me in australia though to go somewhere like that for sea horses.

hahaha and thats before i get 10% off cage, he gives me good deals at my LFS :D 10% off everything in store, and sometimes 20 on certain items!

As ive got a 2x2x2 cube, I was thinking of doing a rubble wall/mound. I do have at least 4-5 months before a 5ft can be setup so, my planning for the other tank is on hold right now.

I wanted the rocks to create a semi circle, starting at the front corner getting higher as you go around to the back and middle of the tank, all the way around to the other front corner, to make a semi circle in the middle front of the tank. What do you guys think? I will be using all dry rock and they will all probably be about fist size. Does this sound like it will give me most amount of space to put corals in a 2ft cube?

Ill have to have a look at 2 small islands, i dont know if there is a space in such a small cube though biff but ill try :)

Time to buy some rocks :D hehe

new update, here is this new scape, looks soooo much more natural now. Ran out of rock though and the anemone wont move, so im going to make a second little island later.

imag0214c.jpg

Back