My tank

so my first coral is gone... I took it out today. It had a big hole in it and it was defiantly dead.
ill get pics of my toadstool soon which is doing great

i have some questions for you my man...
you have a 24G Nano Cube, and it looks great, but arent you away at school? How are you going to move the Cube and all at the end of the year...and then move it back again when school starts back up? I'm away at school as well and want to start up another 24G Nano Cube, I had one at home before I left and passed it on to my cousin to take care of it, now it is his, but I'd love to start another up, and to copy yours would be great. Just give me ideas on what you started with, exactly what did you use blah blah blah, and please tell me how you plan on moving that aquairum back and forth year in and year out?

I am going to drain most of the water into different buckets and put live rock in one bucket and the fish in another. Im going to leave a little water for the sand and then when I get home put the water back in and start it back up.

Next year Im just going to move in and not out cuz Im getting a condo so im probably going to get a new bigger tank.

Let me know if you have any more questions. My friend has a 12g nano in his room in the fraternity house.

lol nope. The coral was melted and the snails were dead. Ive done a 7 gal water change and its been running for a few days and im going to do another one on sunday and check the paramaters. On a horrible note the cyano is starting to grow again. boo

I took my water to the LFS to get everything checked and im happy to have my clowns back. Oh and im looking at a new tank for my apartment next year. Any size suggestions. oh and space doesnt matter

SO ive moved into my new place and hopefully ill be picking up a 125 next week or sometime in the near future.
Ill take pics of where its going to go and such and of where the nano is now.

Ill be on here more since school is done ( what a relief)

yeah just a couple of red leg hermits. I have 4 in the tank now and I just noticed the first one I got a few weeks ago has is eye on a new shell.

but those zebra turbos look cool as crap. They had a few at the LFS that were HUGE.

oh and my LFS almost closed down. but they arnt and I might be getting a job there :)

ok so my friend gave me a couple of frags for free...but the only thing I have to secure them is GE %100 silicone sealant. Is this ok to use or should I wait and pick some stuff up tomorrow. its Kitchen and bath sealant.

oh and I got prices on a 125. like 550 for the tank and 375 for the stand.

Dude that is WAY too much for a 125! 350 max 200 max for the stand. I would wait on the silicone until tomorrow when you can get some proper glue. I was able to get a 180 reef ready brand spanking new AGA or perfecto reef ready for 600 for the tank. That was before I found the used one.

They are price gouging big time. I was litterally looking at one of those two days ago while helping my buddy shop for a tank. The store we were at is very vocal at admitting that they sell tanks for only 5% markup on tanks and it was 339 with a crapy stand for 159. They should have amazing stuff with markups like that!

EDIT: If you are comfortable paying that for a 125 by all means get it just wanted to let you know what the deal is

Back