Mystery 8gal Nano Build

OMG. SOOOO many pictures. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorite threads. :D

Did I spy Archer reflected in yo' tank?

I am going to be buying a nano tank for my college dorm soon, and was thinking of the same tank you are using. Do you recommend it? If I do get it, do you suggest in mods or additions to what already comes with it?

I am going to be buying a nano tank for my college dorm soon, and was thinking of the same tank you are using. Do you recommend it? If I do get it, do you suggest in mods or additions to what already comes with it?

If you don't plan to keep sps, then its pretty solid the way it is. I would look in to either upgrading the return pump or adding a powerhead inside to add a little bit more flow. The lights are rated perfect for softies and Lps, but def not enough for sps. Also, I'd suggest a top off system, unless you plan to top it off at least once a day. Since the tank is so small, small amounts of evaporation skew salinity pretty quickly.

I currently top off my 29 by hand, so I am not familiar with how to go about making an ATO for the tank when I get it. Could you explain how to go about it?

I currently top off my 29 by hand, so I am not familiar with how to go about making an ATO for the tank when I get it. Could you explain how to go about it?

I top off my 28 by hand as well but this thing needs it. Basically a top off work by having a float switch that triggers once the water is below a certain height, it is then connected to a pump that is in a resourvoir (a bucket) the top off maintains the water more stable because it can top off automatically many times a day. What you have to worry about is to top off the bucket manually. There are a lot of brand name ato's available but from my research I found that www.automaictopoff.com has the same thing but not a brand name for about $50. I have read great reviews on this and plan to buy that. Another safety precaution you can take is make the top off work only during certain hours by putting it on a timer (when you'll be home) so that if it gets jammed it won't flood everything

Would I need single or double controllers? I'm on AutoTopOff.com and I am not sure what to even look at.

Look for a nano one. A single is enough. But that means it only has an on/off sensor on the bottom. A double one has an on/off sensor on the bottom and the top one shuts it off the top off if the bottom switch messes up and stays on. So single is enough, double has the extra safety feature. I personally will get a double for peace of mind

Back