NCPARS/That Fish Place Winter Frag Event

For those of us who shop there......Just found out that Thatfishplace monthly 30% coupons will no longer be able to be used for salt purchases, effective February 2010. They will honor the current coupon for the rest of January. I am going there today to stock up

Hope to see all of you at the swap!:D

:) I will be there.....with frags to sell. :D

Capt, have you found out where you will be located at the show? I will be there next weekend for the show and would love to meet. I know that you said you know Mal, and I understand he will be there as well. Will see you there!! :^:

I don't know exactly which table I'll be at. TFP didn't have a room map ready for us in time to assign tables. If you registered at Fragswapper, there will be name tags printed out for you. If you didn't register, there will be blank name tags you can fill out and use. Hopefully there will be a few of us LR members there. :)

Hey Larry and Mike, in your honest opinion do you think its worth a five hour trip each way to come to this swap? Or should I wait until you guys have another in the State College area?

Ryan, this is going to be the biggest swap we ever had....by far. Jason Fox will be there and he's bringing a ton of his signature corals, and SMCooler (Stan) is bringing a few hundrerd top end frags. There's going to be over 1,000 corals available, plus the sales TFP is putting together and all the raffles. So far, this swap has already broken all the attendance, available corals and sold corals records from all the swaps we've had.

Our Spring Swap is going to be at Williamsport High School this year. We decided not to go quite as far west for the spring swap. I'm sure it will be a good swap too, but I don't see it being as big as the TFP swap.

So...I really can't say if it's worth a 5 hr ride 1 way. I guess it depends on what your looking for. If only frags, the spring swap will have a nice choice I'm sure but you won't find the drygood sales and deals like TFP.

Not much more I can add to Larry's post Ryan. I met people that have driven 5+ hours to go just to TFP without any events scheduled. You will have a hard time beating their everyday price on dry goods.

I am trying to fill out mt 125 with corals, so these swaps are the cat's ass! I have $120 of frags and colonies reserved that I know would be over $300+ if I bought separately. Another member here didn't think the fall swap was worth it, I guess it depends on your expectations

Im a regular at the Upstate New York frag swaps and I know what to expect and love them. I probably won't be making the trip...stupid mortgage payment is due the 1st. No chance of having my taxes done by then either...see you fellas in Williamsport I guess.

What an event! The place was packed! TFP invited us back to have a swap at their store again in June. Needless to say, it was quite a success.

Mike, it was good to see you and talk to you again.
Dave, it was nice to meet and talk to you. Hope you enjoyed the swap.

Here's a few pics....
The crowd
TFPswap1_1-30-10.jpg

TFPswap2_1-30-10.jpg

TFPswap3_1-30-10.jpg

Ike from Current (Ecoxotic LED)
TFPswap4_1-30-10.jpg

Chris from Brightwell Aquatics
TFPswap6_1-30-10.jpg

Good seeing you again Larry. I need to get a part time job to keep going to these swaps!. What a crowd and lots of great looking frags. Pretty much anything you wanted was there,within reason.

Had a chance to meet Dave (Hiker4twenty) also. It's always cool to meet people from the sites you frequent.

I really enjoyed talking to Cris Brightwell from Brightwell Industries. Learned quite a bit about his products. Also spoke with a rep from Marineland. Found out that the two Stealth heaters that went bad on me are covered for LIFE. Got a nice credit coming my way since I already replaced them. :bounce:

What an event! The place was packed! TFP invited us back to have a swap at their store again in June. Needless to say, it was quite a success.

Mike, it was good to see you and talk to you again.
Dave, it was nice to meet and talk to you. Hope you enjoyed the swap.

Yes Larry, It was nice to meet you and get some time to talk. Thanks for the nice corals!

Mike, It was nice to meet you as well. Hope all your new additions work out well for you.

I'm really looking forward to the next swap!

Yes, he did have some really nice corals. I'm still kicking myself in the a$$ for not getting more from him. He had these really nice ones that were bright green/yellow. I forget the name, but the vivid color is still burned in my brain.

Wish I would have had more time when I went!!! Wow was that area packed. It was hard just moving around. Of course I got there right at 11, so waited awhile to get in. I didn't get a chance to try to meet any of you from here. Maybe at the June swap meet, if it comes to be. All I ended up getting was an Acan Lordhowensis.

Back