New additions

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
I don't have them yet, but the order is in at Divers Den and I'll have them Tues. I posted on RC's Divers Den forum asking if they could make some female Bartlett anthias trio's available. The next day (today) they posted them and I snagged them. :)
I tried adding a small single female a few months ago and that did not work. Both males constantly harrassed her and when they weren't chasing her, the other female would. It started hiding and I never saw her again. I think I should have better luck adding 3 females at once.

Sounds nice! They are such unique looking fish. No other fish out there have their stunning colors and activity level. Waiting on pics!

The fish were delivered to my office at 11:30 AM today. Not bad being they left LiveAquaria yesterday at 1:30 PM. I took an early and extended lunch, took the fish home, acclimated them and put them in qt...then had to come back to work. I'll post some pics when I get back home.

Well I am totally impressed with Divers Den and Live Aquaria. This was the 1st time I ordered fish online and I am not dissappointed. Even with the shipping cost, these 3 fish cost me basically the same as if I bought them from a LFS.

The well packaged box. It weighted in at 20 lbs.
LA1_5-5-09.jpg

The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the styro container was HEAT. It was warm in there. I estimate the water temp had to be in the mid 70's at least.
LA2_5-5-09.jpg

LA3_5-5-09.jpg

Each fish was bagged individually in 5 bags.
LA4_5-5-09.jpg

A few hours after acclimating them, they look calm and stress free.
LA5_5-5-09.jpg

LA6_5-5-09.jpg

I'm going to give them a few days to get eating then do a Prazipro treatment before they go in the main tank. And I'll say it again...I am impressed with LA's Divers Den and would recommend them to anyone.

The 3 fish were in qt from 5/5 until today, 5/16. I gave them a few days to get settled and eating, then did a Prazipro treatment for 7 days. Divers Den said it wouldn't hurt to do my own preventative treatment, even tho they also qt'ed the fish.
The tank lights are still off, but there is light in the room and I added the fish. All 3 dove right to the bottom. I put them in the corner where the other female hangs out. The big male came over to investigate and grabbed 1 of the females dead center on it's dorsal fin and sort of jammed it into the bottom. Not violently, but slow and deliberate. Sort of like saying...I'M THE MAN...lol The 3 new females are about 2", the other female is about 3", the smaller male is about 3 1/2" and the big male about 4". The other 2 new females dove for cover, but the 1 stayed there. It now has a nice red mark in the middle of it's back, but it's out in the open with the other female. The other 2 are hiding...peeking out of the rocks. The smaller male is just watching from a distance.
Pics to come later when the lights are on and they come out....I hope.

Your passion for your fish is inspiring. I hope to see pics soon. I am glad everything went well for you with those beautiful anthias

Cant wait to see the pics Capt.
I been thinking I might try some anthias again,since my last ones went carpet surfing.

You know your story makes me want to get some. Except the fear of losses keeps me away. Like Ryan told me I too am a little gun shy right now.

Sounds good Capt! In spite of what some people say about them, I think anthias are actually pretty hardy fish, once they are established in a tank. I think if they make it through the first month or so, they will be one of the toughest fish in the tank. It can be difficult to keep them in the beginning though, and that's why some people get scared of keeping them.

All the fish seem to get along fine now. When the lights finally came on it was a little hectic, but it didn't last long. They look really cool now, but I've come to the conclusion I don't have the patience to wait for all 6 to get close enough to be in a nice tight shot.

So....this is the best I can do for now.
I got 5 in this pic. The 1 on the far left has the red mark from the bite. The male is to the right of it. It hasn't bothered the new females after it hit that 1.
anthias1_5-09.jpg

The 3 new 1's. The male blur shows the difference in size. The male is as big as the tang.
anthias2_5-09.jpg

All 6 are in this pic...barely. The only fish in my tank missing from this pic are the clowns and yellow watchman goby.
anthias3_5-09.jpg

Back