New Guy New Tank

Did you want a reef tank? If so, I'd skip the butterfly, that one will eat inverts, corals, and can eat anemones. The damsels can get very mean and may make it hard to keep other fish with them. As far as the 2 foxfaces, I have seen them added in pairs but, I think you'd need a much larger tank in case there were aggression issues.

Harder then I thought. I'm trying to find nice colors for my reef tank that can be mixed with my clownfish and Carpet Anemone.

So...
1-Foxface Lo
1-Azure Damselfish
2-Clown fish
And ?

look at dwarf angels, you can only have one though but something like a flame angel or bi color angel are pretty fish, also a reef safe wrasse can add some color too.

Just a thought, but you may want to take a pass on the Damsel as well. They are very aggressive and may kill your other fish. Everyone that has them seems to regret getting them, and they have a hard time catching them to get rid of them. There are folks on here that have disassembled their entire tanks just to catch one problem damsel! Yeah, they're pretty, but they don't seem worth the hassle of dealing with them.

I have an azure damsel that was one of the first couple fish I added and it's been fine for me. Make sure you have a lot of in and outs to keep them busy and keep all your other additions peaceful. You could always catch him if he has problems.

They have such nice colors hmmmm keeping it in mind thx all.

I will be adding sand tonight and if time permits I will post a pic or 2 maybe I could find my serpent starfish....

Nope, just let it settle out. Might take a few days, but that just give you more time to research! Now drop in your piece of table shrimp and get your cycle going!

no, you need to cycle your tank properly. You had so little rock in there before hand, i highly doubt tank even cycled at all. But because you bought all live rock it should be a short cycle.

Back