New Lights for a 90 Gallon

Why not the 48"nova extreme pro?

Right now I am using a Nova 4 bulb setup that I used to have over my 55, and I can't even keep LPS -- even when they are at the top of the tank. I know there's a big difference because of the reflectors, but I want more light than that (6 bulbs).

I ordered my new lights today! Since I got some of my tax money back already. Oh and because I do NDB's taxes as well, and always list my account for his refunds as well :)

I ended up ordering the 48" Nova Extreme Pros. Although I wanted a MH/T5 combo, I just didn't want the higher electric bill! Hopefully the lights I ordered will be good enough to keep more than mushrooms and zoas -- which is what I'm limited to right now!

BTW, I got them from AquariumPlants.com Largest online sales / service site for the live aquarium plants & aquarium products community.. They had the lowest price I could find -- $344, $355 after shipping was added in. No tax. That is a GREAT price for those lights.

Make sure you tell us how it works. I'm setting up a 90 gallon in a month or two and need to get lights for it. Also is it possible to hang the Nova Extremes, I want to move it away from the water a bit to reduce heat transfer.

I don't know if you can hang them -- I'll let you know when I get them! I know they sell kits that attach to the back of the tank that you can hang them from, but I assume you're speaking of hanging them from the ceiling?

Make sure you tell us how it works. I'm setting up a 90 gallon in a month or two and need to get lights for it. Also is it possible to hang the Nova Extremes, I want to move it away from the water a bit to reduce heat transfer.

There is very minimal heat transfer on these units . They have built in fans. My 72' NEP does not heat up my tank at all. The fixture is at least 5" above the water surface. There are slots in the top shell of the unit for hanging. Current makes a fixture for hanging if that's what you intend to do.

Back