New Mushroom Added

Can you send me the link to your new thread? I am wanting to keep an anemone and am interested to see what everyone has to say.

DId you hang it or use the mounting legs? Does it get very hot? Do you miss not having the moon LED lights?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I get the right fixture :)

I use the mounting legs. I just slide it back when I have to get in the tank. I never had moon lights. It does put out a lot of heat, but it has a built in fan that comes on when the lights come on.

Lily,That same light would work great on your tank to.All the heat you get from T-5s seems to get blown out the top of the fixture by the cooling fans.

Would it still work if I hung it? The fixture is 12inches wide and I have a bowfront so it will not fit. I will have to get the hanging mount (which they sell) and hang it about 8 inches above the water. That is where the top of my canopy is. The top is all open so I can remove the glass lids and let the light shine down. Do you think that would work?

I know how you feel. It is a big investment. That's why I asked so many questions about the lighting on here before I bought mine. Good luck !!!

My only hang up is that I found a 716w (MH and T5 mixture) fixture for the same price. It is an odyssea - I know I read the thread, but all the reviews that I found about the fixture were good. They were from people that have had the fixture for several years.

Sunshine - I wanted to say thanks for the light advice. I got mine in and I love it!!

Whatever happened with your anemone? I got one today and it looks great, it bubbled up and turned colors, and then took off under the rocks. It is 12" big and I am not sure how I am going to feed it with it hiding.

The Anemone is still alive. It is on the side of a rock near the back of the tank. I can't get to it to feed it either. It still opens up. I'm glad you like your lights. You need to post a pic of yours.

Back