New tank inhabitants with pictures!

I got lots new things I am uploading the pics right now =D

Sadly my sump won't be done for a little bit so I still have to use the cheapo filter for now.

Hold on to your ovaltine here they come...

Okay here we go! I got a bunch of new critters today and some neat new stuff for my tanks. I don't have the sump up and going yet but as soon as I do I will upload pictures of it. All of my tanks are doing really good, that lionfish I have been wanting comes in FOR SURE on monday (finally!). Here is some of what I got today:

shrimpy.jpg

SAM_0278.jpg

featherduster3.jpg

lolshrimp.jpg

SAM_0263.jpg

SAM_0262.jpg

SAM_0260.jpg

SAM_0259.jpg

Here are a few snapshots of my eel tank, Halo is doing awesome =D

SAM_0258.jpg

SAM_0257.jpg

I got a really great new powerhead also:

SAM_0252.jpg

Ocellaris and Tomato Dancing (Crappy picture):

SAM_0255.jpg

Also got a new fat snail and some branching coral!

SAM_0279.jpg

I rigged this up to my tank, it's a control valve for my air pump, I have it set REALLY low because I know lots of bubbles make a mess and aren't good for the fish gills, so it lets out about one bubble pr second on here. Adds a nice little effect, without harming my fishies =D It's mounted on with epoxy and some tape to hold til the epoxy dries, then I'll take it off.

SAM_0250.jpg

I also picked up one of these, it makes acclimating a critter WAY easier because the bag dosen't float about all willy nilly. It holds it in there perfect and hangs on the side of the tank (inside obviously) for when I need it. I can also use it as a fishy prison if any of them decide to act up! (Damsal)

SAM_0248.jpg

That's about it as far as updates for this week. Next week maybe the sump will be done, I can only hope. I'll update whenever I get more stuffs!

Ah, buddy. Do your research before you buy stuff! Go do a google search about keeping flame scallops. Also you have paired two different species of clowns, and they will more than likely fight till one is dead.

Ah, buddy. Do your research before you buy stuff! Go do a google search about keeping flame scallops. Also you have paired two different species of clowns, and they will more than likely fight till one is dead.

I have had flame scallops in the past, I know they don't normally last long and are hard to keep. I am trying a new brand of phyto I think should be good for him. The two species are okay so far, one is bigger than the other and I know that they will interbreed on occasion. If they start to fight, I'll just move one of them.

The two species are okay so far, one is bigger than the other and I know that they will interbreed on occasion. If they start to fight, I'll just move one of them.

Just curious, where did you hear that they breed together? They come from different parts of the ocean in the wild.

Ya, I have never heard of those two species breeding together either. Also there arent any foods on the market that have food particles small enough for your scallop to properly feed. The people who can keep them successful have a well established tank and the tank naturally produces enough food for them. Plus the scallop doesnt look too hot already, the mantel should be a much deeper red color. Losing color is a sign they are starving.

Ya, I have never heard of those two species breeding together either. Also there arent any foods on the market that have food particles small enough for your scallop to properly feed. The people who can keep them successful have a well established tank and the tank naturally produces enough food for them. Plus the scallop doesnt look too hot already, the mantel should be a much deeper red color. Losing color is a sign they are starving.

A friend of mine has interbred between species. They get along fine so far, like I said if they fight or something I will just move them, I'm not trying to breed them I just think it would be cool if they did.

Scallops don't live long in even an established aquarium I know, but I figured i'd try again and if it fails miserably then I won't get another one.

Do you know what species he's bred between? Has there been any documentation on it? Any pics of the offspring? And last question promise, were the offspring sterile?

I don't know all of that but I am pretty sure it was between a tomato and ocellaris. I'll ask tomorrow if she has pics.

Back