NewPortRichey's Tank Rebound!

This is funny. We we're actually able to take a few shots of the cleaner shrimps cleaning my fiance's hands and nails. He spent a whole 10 minutes of hilarious tickles on my lady. Enjoy.
DSCN0837.jpg

DSCN0836.jpg

DSCN0838.jpg

she sure has some purty hands under actinic lighting. :mrgreen:
that's how I pick my women. I see how they glow under actinics. lol

:Cheers:Alright, made some real progress tonight. I had to move the mount for the sump down a whole foot. So now it rests on the base. Not an easy feat to do especially when the sump is entirely filled! I had to have my best man come over and even then we had to use a car jack to manage things. But, now I have more than enough room to finagle things down below. I also managed to get the sides and door on today. I still have some details to work out but I'm getting there. Here's the progress pics so far. Oh, and I added a check valve to cap off the plumbing. WooHoo! Tomorrows adventures include a shelf system for the ballasts and next week I'll have the auto top-off system so I should be jammin' then. The painting of the stand and everything will just have to wait til' after the wedding. Only a couple weeks away now. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Weird, like losing your virginity :mrgreen:. Anyhow, sorry for rambling, here's the pics, enjoy! :Cheers:

The closed setup. I've still got handles or magnets to put on (haven't decided)
DSCN0846.jpg

Open setup
DSCN0847.jpg

Dropped it down
DSCN0848.jpg

Wires galore, that's also on the list to clean up.
DSCN0849.jpg

Carpet anemone, doing quite well........
DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

flowerpot
DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0854.jpg

Oh, and the wife to be bout the little man a new bedtime outfit. So pathetic but I had to take a pic of it and pass it along............
DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0855.jpg

You got it looking good NewPort.

Had to keep the wife from seeing your pup with a shirt on though.Cant have her spending my tank money on doggie clothes.

Looking good! But that dog does not look happy. I think adding a hat would cheer him up!

Be careful with your ballasts on the floor next to the sump. I would suggest raising them up on something, you don't want to fry them if you happen to have a little flood.

Looking good! But that dog does not look happy. I think adding a hat would cheer him up!

Be careful with your ballasts on the floor next to the sump. I would suggest raising them up on something, you don't want to fry them if you happen to have a little flood.

I know, making me a little nervous but I suppose I can live life on the edge for a night. I'll be making the shelves for the ballasts tomorrow. I just ran outa juice this evening. I did test the system for a power outage and the check valve works flawlessly. So I'm Tits for now. Thanks for the suggestion Biffer:^:

I'm pretty sure the dog is pissed whenever the lady puts him in these rediculous outfits. He's a male and the poor little bugger has blue toe nails, gay little coats and jackets, pimp wear and t-shirts with crazy sayings on them. Poor little guy, nothing I can do about it.

Just a small update: I added a shelf today for the ballasts and the pump for the ATO system. Oh, and I finally farted around with the reef safe epoxy I got. The only think I managed to mount were the candy cane's I want to see how well this sets. I think tomorrow I'll get some of the super glue gel and experiment with that. That should be it for now. The final woodwork and painting will have to wait until after the wedding which is Nov. 3rd. HolySheite, I'm getting married. I've got a house sitter for a the week of our honeymoon so I'm hoping one 5 gallon reservoir will be enough. I don't have any experience with it so I'll be nervously measuring exactly how much water evaporates in a weeks time. Here's the pics for now.
DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

DSCN0859.jpg

DSCN0860.jpg

DSCN0862.jpg

DSCN0861.jpg

Back