NewPortRichey's Tank Rebound!

thanks bro, saw your post a while back. even mounted the same assembly to mine. didn't seem to make a bit of difference. i guess i'll be contacting the guy i boughjt it off of on ebay. hahahahahah, should be a snap i'm sure. lol.

HOLY SHIBBZ! Just noticed that my Hippo Tang's right eye looks like it's going to pop out of it's skull! Could he have scraped it? I'm going to try to get a pic of it before the lights go off.............

Sounds like a good ol' case of popeye. They get popeye when they scrape or bump against something, or if they abrade it in a net when they are caught, etc... There are medications out there for popeye, but they do not have a great success rate.

It will usually go away on its own, but sometimes the fish will end up dying because they starve to death if they can't see their food. Sometimes they will also lose their eye and get on just fine with one eye. I had a pajama cardinal get popeye a couple years ago, and the dude kept on truckin'. I think it took a week or two to go away though. During that time I minimized stress as much as possible and when I fed the fish I made sure to spend special attention to him and ensure that he always got some food. His eye still looks wonky, I don't know if he's blind or not, but he got through it fine. Hopefully the same will happen to your fish.

Thanks Biff. Makes me feel a little better. Looks like he's actually getting better, slightly.

So today I went to tackle my noise problem and started with the magdrive. I put the rubber feet on them and voila, no noise. However, when I had the pump off I noticed that there's still a vibrating noise. Guess where it's coming from.....................my Hydor K4's! I can't believe it. Has anyone experienced anything like that with these before?

my korialia's made noise for a couple days. I e-mailed drs foster and smith and gripped about it, they told me to send them back and they would replace them. but, then they stopped making noise and they have been quite ever since.

Thanks fish, i moved them around and the noise seems to have subsided slightly. I'm much happier with it tonight.

Tomorrow night is bowling league night and tuesday will entail a buttload of new corals and cleaner crew. Be sure to tune back in to lots of new new new photos.

Oh, and REEF HALO 3 IS ON! My GamerTag on Live is SNEAKYMRSNEAKY. Add me up and let the games begin!

Check to make sure the tip of the propeller axel is in the hole in the end of the housing.
I've noticed that if I dont get mine back in there right that they make a pretty loud rattling noise.

thanks yote. that might have been what it was. i unplugged them and made sure everything was perfect then repositioned them. situation normal.

Ok, well, finally an update. Things are well. I have yet to see even an amonia spike. So, today I figured I'd aquire a few things from the local fish warehouse I found that supplies the entire tampa bay area. I got an additional cleaner shrimp, 9 emerald crabs, 1 sea cucumber (sorry in advance for no pics, little shit buried himself quick), 10 red hermit crabs and some, ah shoot cant remember the name of them. Easy to take care of ..................zoos? Oh ya, and a firefish which is now residing in the refugium. F'ing damsels need to go! I don't know why it didn't register today when I read through the entire article section of this web site. But oh well. It is what it is. Here's some updated pics of todays pickup. Sorry about the quality.............I didn't have a lot of time after the acclimation because I was playing Halo 3 :^:. Comments are greatly appreciated and I promise to take some good pics tomorrow after work with my good camera and tripod :Cheers: and rum n' coke :sfish:
DSCN0782.jpg

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0789.jpg

DSCN0790.jpg

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

Poor little guy. I get the great pleasure of trying to remove the damsels tomorrow. Anyone got any hints? I thought I would get some plexi cut to the dimension of the DT and force them out, with the removal of live rock of course. Any input?
DSCN0800.jpg

Wow, NINE emerald crabs?!?! Are ya sure about that? I only have four in my 240. I think that yours might starve pretty quickly since you have so many. Plus, they will fight with each other when they get bigger.

That's a really nice zoa rock you've got there -- it looks really big. Be sure to post pics of it when it opens up!

Oh sea cucumbers... In my opinion, they shouldn't be kept in reef tanks. Some people like them, they do a good job, but like you said, they bury themselves in the sand. That means, IF one dies in your tank (like what happened to me), you are not gonna find it. Which means that it will ROT bigtime (they are REALLY bad when they die). I think it was a dead cucumber that caused my infamous nitrate spike where it got up to 150, and I could never really get it back down to pre-cucumber death levels because that sucker just slowly rotted in the substrate and constantly fouled the water.

Nice additions but who cares(JK),its all about Halo BABY!

I just got this evening.....I didn't even start the single player campaign,jump straight online and got my ass owned!Ain't it fun to get those 14 yr old kids calling you ''garbage'' and worst stuff I can't even mention here.You gotta love Xbox Live.I'll send you a friends request....mine is Dominickchino(don't ask)

Nice additions but who cares(JK),its all about Halo BABY!

I just got this evening.....I didn't even start the single player campaign,jump straight online and got my ass owned!Ain't it fun to get those 14 yr old kids calling you ''garbage'' and worst stuff I can't even mention here.You gotta love Xbox Live.I'll send you a friends request....mine is Dominickchino(don't ask)

Awesome, you can get me at: SNEAKYMRSNEAKY

Wow, NINE emerald crabs?!?! Are ya sure about that? I only have four in my 240. I think that yours might starve pretty quickly since you have so many. Plus, they will fight with each other when they get bigger.

That's a really nice zoa rock you've got there -- it looks really big. Be sure to post pics of it when it opens up!

Oh sea cucumbers... In my opinion, they shouldn't be kept in reef tanks. Some people like them, they do a good job, but like you said, they bury themselves in the sand. That means, IF one dies in your tank (like what happened to me), you are not gonna find it. Which means that it will ROT bigtime (they are REALLY bad when they die). I think it was a dead cucumber that caused my infamous nitrate spike where it got up to 150, and I could never really get it back down to pre-cucumber death levels because that sucker just slowly rotted in the substrate and constantly fouled the water.

oops, i meant 6. they were 3 for nine. lol. gotalmighty, i'm at work jonesing to get home! my new light setup finally arrived today!!!!!! i'm going to be trying the coke bottle method of catching my two damsels today. if that doesn't work it's going to be fishing in the living room for this evenings plans. bye bye poker night :frustrat:. it should be worth it tho. those damsels are really aggressive with this new little addition.

hahaha, i sure will. thank biff. anyone wondering what being in the sales world is all about it's long hours. it's 7:30 and i'm still at the office. atleast i'm making money. got in at 8 oclock this morning. what's killing me is my lights. i stopped at the house briefly to see my long package. but alas, it's still wrapped. gonna be a loooooooong night when i get home.

sorry everyone, no new updates. i got my lights but one of the MH bulbs is broken so i've gotta order a new one. other than that i'm desperately trying to catch these damn damnsels. i'm due for my first water change tomorrow. i think i'm going to buy a large tub empty my water into that and put all my rock in it. after that it's cross my fingers and try to catch these damn things. it just kills me that i have to break everything down like that tho.

whew, finally an update! ok, so the new lights came but one of the MH bulbs is broken and I'm waiting for a replacement. i've started on finishing the stand but i haven't made too much progress. i also did my first water change tonight. all in all i'm finally making some progress! here's some pics. the damsels are finally totally gone. after the take down I took doc's advice and beat them against the wall in the bag. lol. just kidding. the little lady was with me so we took them back to the fish store, a perfect chance to pick up 20 lbs. of live rock, a new piece of frogspawn coral, and a yellow gobie i can't remember the name of. i got a shrimp with him too if that helps. oh, and the store gave me $2 credit for the damsels. the next thing to go will be the tomato clown. i'll have two true perc clowns tomorrow. and the only other thing i've added is the fire angel. i was finally able to put him in the tank today. yay.

MH and actinics in full swing.........
DSCN0812.jpg

DSCN0814.jpg

DSCN0815.jpg

a little piece that fell off. about the size of a silver dollar.
DSCN0817.jpg

my shrooms...
DSCN0818.jpg

just the actinics.
DSCN0820.jpg

DSCN0822.jpg

actinics with my flash.........
DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0824.jpg

and the fire angel.........
DSCN0795.jpg

Back