NewPortRichey's Tank Rebound!

and finally some updated pics. i'm still waiting on my last metal halide bulb so everything's not totally in it's final spot. but, i have managed to get a few more things. i also have my electrician coming tomorrow to add some more outlets before i close up and finish the stand. for now enjoy the new stuff. i'll be in touch with everyone this weekend with more photos :sfish: :sfish: :sfish: :sfish:
zooclose.jpg

half the size of a softball
zoo.jpg

whatclam.jpg

what.jpg

star.jpg

hermit.jpg

frog.jpg

cleaner.jpg

chromisflame.jpg

carpetclown.jpg

candy.jpg

Beautiful additions! Fox corals are one of my favorites. Never had the guts to try a flame scallop, but they sure are pretty. People seem to be getting into the gonis more lately too. Best of luck with them!

I notice you have a lot of halimeda on your rocks. Now that you are adding more corals, I would remove it. It will compete with your corals for calcium. Halimeda sucks up calcium like crazy.

thanks guys. i figure go ballz to the wall to dont go at all. i know i've got to remove the halimeda. another thing on the list of to do's. thanks biff. i've got to move my carpet anemone also. it's in the front portion of the right side of the tank now and i just don't think it's going to get enough light. we'll see. never a lack of things to do.

if you all wouldn't mind a lecture on flame scallops please do indulge me. i took my old cinnamon clown in today and this is all i could get for him. so, i got something and put it into my tank without even doing any research on it. i know, bad bad bad!

Flame scallops don't last long in tanks. They prefer shaded areas and need to be hand fed. You MUST start dosing phytoplankton if you are going to try and keep it. Starfish, hermit crabs and lots of regular fish love to snack on them.

I wasn't knocking you...hey you never know unless you try.I had easy/hardy corals that died and difficult corals that thrive.

The three things I was saying were difficult was the scallop,goni and carpet.

Feed,feed that goni several times a week.Cyclops,mysis and oyster eggs is my favorite.I'm sure there is more.I'm afraid that I never seen anyone keep a scallop for very long.We just can't provide it with enough food to keep them alive for very long.On to your carpet anemone,you had to pick one of two most difficult anemones.Keep your eye on it,you don't want it to suddenly die and crash your system or get stuck in an inlet of a powerhead or something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new additions look great.
I wont repeat Biff and Reef.They you got you pretty well covered.
So my only advice is to just let your anemone find its own spot.It'll probably to take a walk any way,no matter where you put it.

Back