Newwww

I leave the seaweed sheet in there, and it's totally gone within 12 hours. Between my tang, blenny, hermits, snails and even the chromis, they devour it almost immediately.

As i was looking through the threads with pictures, i noticed that most of the pictures, there's no bubbles in the tank. But my tank is full of bubbles, coming from the filter as well as the powerhead. I don't know if that's good or bad for my tank, but i kinda want it to look more normal, without the bubbles all over hte place, it seems like dust and i don't like it

You want to minimize the amount of bubbles in your tank. Some bubbles are fine, but microbubbles (the really small ones) can actually be harmful to your fish. You might now have the powerhead on the right setting. Some powerheads double for undergravel filters and have certain attachments that will make them spew air. I'm not too familiar with these, but try tweaking it and taking parts on and off to get it to work better. Also make sure the intake is completely submerged for both your filters and powerheads. They are sucking air in from somewhere. If there are any O-rings or seals, make sure those are tight too.

for the power head, i had it too high, like too much pressure, and the water come out with the bubbles, i guess it sucked in too much air. The filter was on its highest too, and it still gives bubless but not as many as before since i lowered it. Now i'm afraid i'm not getting as much water movement tho

You may be getting plenty of flow down deeper in the tank.
I had the same problem when I was running HOB filters.The bubbles created by the water flowing out of the filter would find there way into the power heads and would blow them back out as microbubbles.
The easiest way to cure it is to raise the water level up to where it dont splash when it comes out of the filter.

thank you yote, i raised the water level and i barely have any bubbles now!
Tomorrow i'm gonna go to my LFS and see if i can pick up something to clean my tank, clean the rock as well as the floor. Thank you for all the help guys, you're helping my tank survive!

ok, so i know that i said that i was gonna get a skimmer, but i got a heck of a deal on a bio-wheel filter, so i picked that up instead of the skimmer. i also picked 2 cardinals, idk their exact names, but they are pretty cool, they chill in front of the glass waiting to be feed.

DSC00995Medium.jpg

DSC00994Medium.jpg

DSC00993Medium.jpg

they looks nice...consider the skimmer..they are a must in all systems..for oxigenation of the water and elimination of organic waste..it will keep better water quality..

i know this is gonna make biffer happy!!
i just bought a RO/DI unit for my tank, if i have any questions or anything like that about installing it, i will let you guys know, but yes, i finally got the RO/DI unit and i'm very happy, hopefully know my fish and my tank are a little bit happier. i also got another powerhead, this one is a seio m1100, so hopefully that with the other powerhead and the 2 filters should have enough water movement to not have any dead spots in my tank and help with the cyano...

yea i'm happy, the guys at Manhattan Reefs are getting me involved into a lot of stuff, like the equipment to get and such, and they are all around me so it's a bit cheaper buying it used from then than going online and buying and shipping and stuff. so i'm getting the powerhead tomorrow, and as soon as i get home, i'm gonna place it in my tank. basically for what i've read, i have the 2 filters in the middle, and i should have the powerheads on the side aiming towards the middle right?? should i place them hihg on the glass, middle or bottom??

There shouldn't be any problem from flow reaching the bottom.Once the current crash near the middle it should push the flow downwards in multiple directions.

well i'll post pics and some info when i have it installed tomorrow, but i'm just scared because one of the powerheads pumps about 270GPH while the other can pump up to 1000GPH if i'm not mistaken...will this affect anything??

They should work well.Maybe the Seio won't work near the surface because the outlet is closer to the bottom of the pump.Place them whereever works best for you.

thanks for the help, i appreciate it. I'm picking up the powerhead tomorrow, and the RO/DI unit on Monday. The RO/DI unit i got is an Air Water Ice 5 stage RODI typhoon 3, what do you guys think??

Back