Octopus Skimmer?

Thanks Larry! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to place the order. Both places are closed and I want to be sure it's in stock before I make payment.

Opened the door this morning to let out the dogs and almost fell over the package. Damn that Fedex guy was sneaky. Anyway, the skimmer is here and it's huge! Can't wait to get it foaming.

Picture063-1.jpg

Picture064-1.jpg

Picture065-1.jpg

Picture066-1.jpg

Picture067-2.jpg

Picture068-2.jpg

Picture069-2.jpg

Picture070-1.jpg

Picture071-1.jpg

Congrats on the new skimmer....Looks exactly like my MSX160, only mine is white. Save yourself some future trouble Dave and go to HD or Lowes and get stiffer 3/8" tubing for the air intake.The factory tubing gets very soft after time and collapses under water and causes your skimmer to overflow. I learned that the hard way!

Also mine took about 2 weeks to really break in. Open it full during that time and gradually close it as it breaks in

Thanks for the tips Mike! The instruction said it could take 2 week-1 month to fully break in. Did you notice that the pvc tubing fits together kinda loose. I thought it would be more snug. The instruction say you can glue them together if you like, but it's not necessary. What do you think?

I wouldn't glue anything The riser tube has an O ring on it for tightness. That's all I would worry about for now. I have to take my tubing apart when I remove mine from the sump to get it out, so glueing is not an option.

I also removed the B tube on mine, and turned the elbow just that it broke the water surface. That really helped me with micro bubbles and less back pressure. Every one is different so maybe this will help you out

Back