Regional Frag Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the people from CA was selling this new product called Phyto Feast. It is suppose to be better than DT's.

I talked to the curator at the saltwater aquarium section and he will come and talk for free. We just have to rent a podium for $50. The talk he gives is on the Seadragon and Seahorses.

Where are we on our flyer? Time is getting close.

Well, it's with a somewhat heavy heart that I have to share this news with you guys. Kind of good, kind of bad.

The good news is I've been offered and accepted a promotion at work. It's a great opportunity and should open a lot of doors in the net couple of years.

The bad news is it's back in WI, so we'll be moving in a couple of months. I won't be able to make the frag swap. I'm hoping that everything in the move will go well and I'm not planning on quitting this by any means, so I'll still send stuff along as often as I can for meetings and such for giveaways, but it will be a rare instance when I can simply drive down to Chattanooga for the weekend like I do now. :shock:

That said, I'll be pulling and fragging out as much stuff as I can in the next few days to try and lighten the load for the move. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can...

Man Fred...

First off congratulations on your promotion. I am sure they couldnt have picked a better person.

Second, you will be greatly missed. You are a good person, and were a huge asset to our reef club. Most of all you will be missed as a friend.

Thanks for being a part of us.

well fred I am happy for you! Its the worst news ive had today but thats life, youve brought exitement to the club with your generous donations and constant support. you will be greatly missed. I didnt get to know you very well and I regret not having more time to get to know you better. Maybe your company will transfer you back in a few months :^:
Again you will be sorely missed, And I hope you dont forget all us reefers here.
Bryan

youve brought exitement to the club with your generous donations and constant support

Rest assured that won't stop, no matter where I go!

I've got kind of mixed emotions about it...we're heading back to family and friends...but man, it's cold!

OK, I FINALLY located the old poster for last years swap. I will have it on here tonight for you all to look at and make changes if need be.

Thanks.

RAYMOND68 said:
I believe the people from CA was selling this new product called Phyto Feast. It is suppose to be better than DT's.
My LFS gave me a sample to get me hooked(so he can extract more $$ later).
All can say is wow all my coral is much more open .This company is local to me (5 miles away)so I am getting the freshed stuff available.Unlike stuff that is shipped and has some die off like DT's .I have also tried this ebay stuff called reef chille it is pretty good for freezed dried product,and a great option if local live phyto is not available.

Here is the first draft. Please make note of changes to be made.

fragposter06.jpg

Fred--Congratulations! We'll definately miss you being a part of our club, but know that you always have friends here in the warmth if you want to come visit. You're welcome in our home anytime.

David--Looks great. I'll get a definate answer on the guest speaker soon, so we can add that. I vote we get it circulating as soon as possible.

Count me in! I have a new job IN TOWN! But it has kept me real busy, you know how new jobs are. I promise I will go by my accounts office and get this all set up. Thanks for everyones support.

Wow sorry to hear the news fred.... you will be truely missed. Growing up with a father working for KC I know how it is, trust me.

As fas as the poster I have talked with David and three changes need to be made.
1) I can NOT post my work email address on the flyer, please change to [email protected]
2) East TN isn't going to co host with us this year, so please remove that.
3) Remove the 5$ per table. We agreed to do it for free last meeting so we could get free publicity, plus it will encourage more people to attend.

David email me the new flyer and I'll put together a packet and get it to the meeting some how, even though I'm unable to attend.

Brandon

************IMPORTANT*******

After todays turnout at the meeting due to weather conditions etc... and with only one more meeting between now and April 8th, I think we need to postpone this event.

If you gave any flyers out today after the meeting please get them back.

I say we shoot for late june/July maybe even august and do it right....

I can't get intouch with Angela/David, so I'm making the executive decision to delay/postpone this.

I would be willing to meet up after work one day this week for a short meeting to discuss planning of this and get it rolling for a later date. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Brandon

I am going to veto that!!

Just kidding. I agree. Let's do it right.

We need to start NOW though.

my personal opinion is that the next meeting needs to be a mandatory meeting where we sit and spend at least an hour just brainstorming and delegating tasks to each member, for this to be a success everyone needs to do there part, we all have full time jobs ( except you dave we all now you dont do anything) So its to much for 1 or 2 people to organize. whats yalls opinion?

Anyone have a place we can meet this week after work sometime for an hour?

Anyone? Anyone????

Yes I agree with you brian.

Brandon

Make it somewhere central.... I propose Panara Bread on Gun Barral. I also suggest you make it a new thread for greater visibility since it's such short notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back