RO/DI System?

I did some reading on the BBB website about complaints again PWC. They have received comlaints about them, but PWC has never responded to the BBB about the complaints.

Just call your bank or credit card company and tell them the product was DOA and the company won't return phone calls or email messages. They should reverse the charges.

If PWC doesn't want to respond - then keep it for parts - for your trouble. Eff 'em!

Big mistake on PWC. You make one guy happy, he tells 2 people. You make one guy mad - he tells EVERYBODY.

RC is right, as part of the terms and conditions of them accepting your payment via a card, you have the right to call your card issuing bank, and start whats called a chargeback, this is where you refuse to pay them, they return your money, and they get charged a fee... this fee can range but most of the ones that i set up were between $15 and $30 per chargeback. the great thing that you have in your favor is that they dont have a signature, your transaction was run "MOTO" or mail order telephone order, these transactions cost the merchant more % on each transaction, cause there is more risk to the processor... cause of things just like this happening...

short version, start the chargeback, you legally have 5 months and 29 days to do this from the date of purchase. This will cause them to have the money automatically withdrawn from thier checking account, and they will be charged the fee... if they have enough customers do this, one of a couple things will happen, either they will fix thier problems, they will go out of business, or thier card processor will drop them, they cant take cards and they will go out of business...

i've seen it a 100 times...

yea some of them try and jump processors, but there is this thing called a terminated merchant file, and thier name will be listed on it with visa and mastercard.... and then they will try and get a paypal account, dont even get me started on thoes thievs....

Last edited:
Big mistake on PWC. You make one guy happy, he tells 2 people. You make one guy mad - he tells EVERYBODY.

Very true. I've always recommended them and have for years. I've never heard bad feedback about them until now. And recently there are several people that have had bad experiences. Something must have changed, but whatever it is, I can't recommend them any longer. Think of all the business they got from this site! Every time someone asked about getting an RODI I would say "Go to Purewaterclub!" Sorry, I don't want to be responsible if someone gets screwed over, so I can't say that anymore!!!

Very true. I've always recommended them and have for years. I've never heard bad feedback about them until now. And recently there are several people that have had bad experiences. Something must have changed, but whatever it is, I can't recommend them any longer. Think of all the business they got from this site! Every time someone asked about getting an RODI I would say "Go to Purewaterclub!" Sorry, I don't want to be responsible if someone gets screwed over, so I can't say that anymore!!!

i feel the same way i recommended them to everybody but not any more

I actually did that yesterday morning along with a coply of my BBB complaint. Funny thing is I got an email back from them this morning offering to send me a new unit and pay for return shipping.

well, at least it sounds like they are listening.. maybe if enough people that have problems do that, they might just get it together and get back on Biff's good list....

I don't know... I'd have to hear a lot more success stories than just this one time of them making it right for me to start recommending them again.

I actually did that yesterday morning along with a coply of my BBB complaint. Funny thing is I got an email back from them this morning offering to send me a new unit and pay for return shipping.

too little , too late IMO.

Send it back and get your money back.

Got home from work last night and had a RO/DI present from Filter Direct! :bounce: Even their packaging was better than PWC. The unit was not broken and was supported well inside the box. The quality of the whole system is awesome! The instructions are great as well with lots of pictures and very detailed steps. It even came with a pressure gauge, which was a suprise to me...I don't remember it being mentioned in the product description. I'll be installing tonight and start making water! :Cheers:

Back