Shrimp Recommendation for 6.6Gallon

PringlesLFE

Mmm...Salty.
Could I please have some recommendations of shrimp for my 6.6 Gallon Bookshelf Reef? (which is coming along pretty well...updates soon).

I'm currently doing a trial time period using no sand bed but just high flow and a HOB Aquaclear w/ Chaeto.

I found another LFS the other day and saw a pair of harlequin shrimp which were incredible. I was so tempted to pick them up but decided to do some research first. Good thing I did lol.

I'm looking for something out of the ordinary (kind of). I really like the Tiger Snapping Shrimp but i'm not sure if there's gonna be any problems with my sixline wrasse or emerald crab.
(Bought a coral banded a few months ago and it didn't make a week...I noticed it quarreling with the emerald for the first few days.)

Shrimp I'm not interested in: Skunk Cleaner/Scarlet Cleaner, Peppermint, Camel, and i'm afraid to try another coral banded.

**Basically i'm looking for a "showcase" type of shrimp.

Thanks everyone.

Skunk cleaners are awesome. Mine will jump on your arm anytime you do anything in the tank! They also do a great job cleaning up the tank.

34.jpg

Yup you could, they're pretty social and I've read do better in groups. They'll all end up dancing together.

I like the sexy shrimp my self I plane to get a few when I get the new tanks all set up and cycled. That's if I don't steel the water from the huge tanks at my friends 5%-10 will fill my new tank hahaha. But I'd say sexy's will do nice.

yeah I'd say the same 6.6 is a bit small its 3.4 to small for 1 fish if you use the 10g for 1 fish rule. But I have seen 6.6 with green or yellow clown gobys in them at all my LFS near me

I was more thinking swimming room than the fish to 10 gallons rule. I could fit in a closet. Doesn't mean I'd want to live in one.

This is true I know I would not want to but ehh if that's what they want to do. Then that's what they want to do I my self would not put that fish in there and just stick with the snails and shrimp. I see the "desk reefs" and the LFS they are vary cramped spaces for what they are. I would not have any marine fish in a tank that small unless it was a acclamation tank.

I don't think it's really a matter of opinion. I could put a tang in a 20 gallon tank. Doesn't mean you should. The tank is too small for a wrasse. Especially once you factor in rock, sand, etc, it isn't really six gallons of space...

That being said... I also vote for sexy shrimp. I love the dancing.

Last edited:
Dont hate on my 29g Tang!
I'm not hatting at all I have a 29g tank my self .Well 29 gallons of water after 13lb. of live rock and 10lb. of sand. But stills does not mean there is 29g of swimming room. Still not hatting though hell if my tank was to be on swim room I'd say its 20g of unimpeded swim room. and every one has there own way its all good :toothy12: some people like to take risks with there (Fish :sfish:Friends)...

Back