Smitty's Reef

I forgot to attach the pic... :)
ZmF2aWEuanBn.jpg

Hahaha...the 1st time I went to his house, I was in uniform...today I was off so I was in jeans and a t-shirt. Lol... I hope I didn't freak him out...most people be surprised to see a cop so deep into a saltwater hobby :)

:rofl:! dont worry you didnt freak me out i thought it was kind of cool i have never met a police officer that was in the hobby! i wish you would have brought the car i would have gave ya another frag to play with the sirens lol jk. it was great having you over sir hope to have you over again sometime!
Hahaha...the 1st time I went to his house, I was in uniform...today I was off so I was in jeans and a t-shirt. Lol... I hope I didn't freak him out...most people be surprised to see a cop so deep into a saltwater hobby :)

Last edited:
lol you should have seen it when it first started out it was no bigger than a pin head, its came a long way! i hope it grows it into a big colony that would really be something to see, from pinhead to colony lol.
Congrats, Smitty!The hammer looks so tiny.

Now this is just ridiculous...no matter what I do, my temp doesn't go below 84*...you see where it's at now, and the strange thing is, my corals doesn't seem to be affected much, they are all open and the fish are active.

SU1HMDAyNzYtMjAxMDA1MjUtMTEyMS5qcGc.jpg

Wow...that's a high temp Smitty. Looks like it's at 88 degrees in the pic. Do you have fans that you can blow across the top of the water? How close are you lights? Maybe you need to raise them away from the water a bit to reduce the heat. I'm glad to hear it's not bothering your corals. Did you ever try another thermometer just in case yours is reading wrong?

Yeah, it is @ 88*...it doesn't go lower than 84*, which is at night. My light is about 10in from the water, and I've removed the glass lid about 2 days ago. The water doesn't feel warm to the touch to me...idk?! Oh, my viper light has a fan attached, which I have on at the highest setting, and the ceiling fan on, and the window wide open. I'm also thinking and hoping I have a bad thermometer. Each and every one of my corals are fully open, and happy looking. I guess they said they'll rather deal with warm water instead of oily water in the ocean :)

Back