Sniffles 29G

Hopefully I'll be home tom. to grab a FTS before the daylights go off. It's hard to get a shot I like though. I can obviously get the whole tank in the shot but its hard to show off the corals cuz they don't show up as much. Oh well, I'll get it done!

Here ya go. FTS

DSCN6082.jpg

So I get home from a grueling 12hr work day and find a baby starfish on my glass!
DSCN6091.jpg

DSCN6093.jpg

Also, I thought that I had seen them before but now its confirmed that I have 2 small feather dusters on the scallop shell that my purple rhodactus mushroom came on! I love free stuff!

My Royal Gramma is looking better. I think he just got stung by my frogspawn. I can see little tentacles coming from the new heads on my Duncan, so freakin cool! Buying small is finally paying off. I love watching my frags grow.

Thats a good looking tank Sniffles.
And I know what you mean about FTS's.When all the corals are still frags,they just dont show as good.

That starfish is an asteria star, notice how it is missing legs. They will drop their legs and form new starfish. I would pull it out, they can become a nuisance in no time.

Thanks for the heads up! The little sucker is disposed of as of today. Found him by the return while scraping the coraline from the glass today.

Maybe I shoudl contact the dealer and ask for blue....::cricket cricket:: Ha!

Well hey! I enjoy the signs of good water quality! Thanks guys.

So I was wondering today. What are my limitations with my lights? I have the 30" Sundial 4 X 24. I know SPS would be pushing it and don't intend on any. However, I''d like to get an open brain coral and some elegance. I'd be ok with those right?

Ok, ok, I know what your thinking. "Sniffles... you already have mushrooms. What are you thinking?" The answer: I LOVE MUSHROOMS! and I couldn't pass-up a blue tipped FUZZY mushroom (although the tips look more purple)!

DSCN6100.jpg

Also, I haven't done a water change in like..... 2 weeks. However, I've been adding calcium/alkalinity, Iodine and also Seachem Marine buffer. Everything is looking great and continuing to grow. So I think I'm going to hold off on another water change this week, unless I see a reason to go through with one.

Back