some new fish identify

dakota11

Reefing newb
Hi All Ive been into the reef aquarium for a short time, recently bought soime fish from someone and want to confirm the names cause the powder blue tang looks like a Scopas Tang and the other fish I forget what he called it but googled the day I got it and its not what I was told, It has 2 top fins which sets it apart from the only similar fish Ive seen. no big deal but I just want to be sure to feed accurately and stuff and want to figure out the siaze these will become as soon Ill be getting a larger tank. I also have a tiger striped seastar and zebra serpent sea star, Anything special about care of these not much info in books or net about these? will they be eating my mushrooms eventually?
thanks

Attachments

• DSC03461.jpg
    DSC03461.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC03466.jpg
    DSC03466.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 241
It is a Scopas Tang

The stripe fish is a type of cardinal fish because it has those two fins on top.Errrrrr......a stripe cardinal?!?

Those are reef safe and won't eat your corals. But the tang does need veggies to survive. Dried seaweed sheets and frozen Emerald Entree would be perfect for it.

Those are reef safe and won't eat your corals. But the tang does need veggies to survive. Dried seaweed sheets and frozen Emerald Entree would be perfect for it.
+1 Biff And BTW, a Powder Blue Tang? There is not even a hint of blue on a Scopas Tang:grumble:

i had a scopas for a while and he was THE DEVIL!! he got really aggressive and beat up basically everything in my tank, ate my featherduster and killed any new fish i added... just a warning.

Back